Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Prices

Options
  • 18-06-2013 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

Are houses prices on the way up...the last few houses I have been looking at there has been a lot of people there...people putting in bids of more than the price of the house advertised...are we not going down the same road of 5 years ago????houses definitely seem to be selling and rent also seems to be going up....i can't believe so soon after the property bubble a few years back, the same thing could happen again....am i wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭tootsy70

no

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭tootsy70

thebourke wrote: »
    am i wrong?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

thebourke wrote: »
    Are houses prices on the way up...the last few houses I have been looking at there has been a lot of people there...people putting in bids of more than the price of the house advertised...are we not going down the same road of 5 years ago????houses definitely seem to be selling and rent also seems to be going up....i can't believe so soon after the property bubble a few years back, the same thing could happen again....am i wrong?

Yes. No. No yes no no yes. No idea actually to be honest....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭Quandary

Houses in the more desirable parts of Dublin are creating some bidding wars alright. This has always been the case though.

Don't limit yourself to living in just one or two select areas. Supply is low and demand is relatively high in the nicest neighborhoods . This will only result in competition, driving prices up.

Be prepared to walk away from any house. IMO if you are thinking the bidding is getting a bit out of hand then it more than likely is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

There seems to be more movement over the last few weeks allright. Only time and the price index will tell. If anything I suspect that more houses are getting close to asking. The asking already in a lot of cases has factored in bit of extra loss for those who actually wan't to sell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Depends on the area really,

I know some house in D15 were asking for 340,000 and sold for 395,000.

But other areas no real change, wonder if it depends on the estate or local area?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

It makes sense in someway, not to feed into the market improving talk.
    But if you are set on a home / property in a certain area - or anything your buying or selling in general.
    If was selling for 9 a couple of years ago, and its advertised for 4 today. Its a personal financial decision to bid 4.50 or 5 to get the home. Then why not.
    Every time you look at a property your heart is set on & you have to buy, let 2 things cross your mind.
    Firstly - Employ good professionals that will give over sight to the structure, legal process & mortgage your signing up to, taking the emotion out of the decission. (small plug over).
    Secondly - You can buy a new home in Laois today, an hour outside Dublin for 30 K. So You don't have to go far from the traditional commuter belt to find bargains, so its going to effect the market in the short term.
    Its worth keeping in mind when your making or upping your bid, every 30K buys you a 3 bed home an hour down the road.
    Does give pause for thought !
    mike F

Advertisement