Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Experiences with VFC?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭goodlad

All my guns have been VFC and the only consistent issue i have had with them is the hopup units. They always suck for some reason and i have to swap them out.

I started with a VFC scar H and it never gave me any hassle.

I then got a VFC baby m4, i done nothing to it and ran it on a 11.1 lipo for 8 months with no issues. Eventually the pistol shredded but that was to be expected and was a cheap fix.

Next up was a VFC quake. Again i had no issues at all and ran the gun on a high discharge lipo without upgrading any internals and the gun was flawless. I did eventually upgrade the internals but that wasn't due to any issues with the standard vfc parts. (apart from the hopup)

And my current gun is a VFC Stinger. Again im running this on stock internals and im using a 7.4 40c lipo. The gun hasn't missed a beat so far.

EDIT: I do admit that some VFC stuff is overpriced for what it is. But one thing i love about VFC is the aesthetics of the guns. IMO the vfc stinger is the nicest gun i have had to date. Even if the internals ended up being awful, they can always be swapped out easily. I think the aestherics is a selling point for vfc rather than internal quality. Which is still good imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Considering my next AEG and am liking the look of http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=765&category_id=14&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26 and http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1305&category_id=14&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26 unfortunately no one I know has any experience with the company or their AEG's. Are they worth the price or would a fellow be better sticking with tried and trusted G&G or perchance getting that G&P Sentry I go in to Hobby to frown at every now and again.
    I know this is a very general question as one persons idea of airsoft heaven is another persons airsoft hell so how about alternatively
    You have about €450 to spend. You want an outdoor only assault rifle with better than average performance out of the box and you like your trades and details. What would you buy/build?
    Thanks as always for your insights or if no one replies "I'll get you all I know where at least two of you live" *waves fist*
    your friend
    Backthephilup

Vfc make some quality product but as Goodall say they are a little overpriced. I currently have a vfc gearbox and I just don't like the self shimming gears, some people like them and I used to but I just think theyre a little bit fiddely, maybe that's just me. Other than that the internals are rock solid, piston is strong as a brick( I'm running 27 bps and have put about 5000-6000 BB's through without stripping it yet which says something about the quality of it. Casing is rock solid as well and doesn't show any signs of stress yet either. Also the gears are 16:1 stock so it'll run quite fast which is nice. Very good compression stock as well.
    G&G have begun to fall in quality. They are having gearbox problems with their newer batch of guns because of a change in factory so steer clear for the time being.
    For €450 I'd say get a g&p sentry or something like that since g&p have lots of trades on their guns. If you like magpul you could get the g&p moe m4 from airsofteire and then get them to front wire it if you use a small type and add a fuse if you like. They could probably change the pinion for you as well if you ask nicely!! I just like fuses but thats a personal thing. Comes stock with deans as well which is nice and you'll have lods of money to spare for new gear sets if you find that the stock g&p gears aren't good enough plus you get the genuine magpul trades and fantastic externals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

Thanks for the informative replies and I can honestly say I am now completely put off VFC...... Oh well back to the drawing board

Thanks for the informative replies and I can honestly say I am now completely put off VFC...... Oh well back to the drawing board

Don't get completely put off them, they're a pretty good company but expensive for what you get. I like them just not a fan of the gears, that's all :)

Don't get completely put off them, they're a pretty good company but expensive for what you get. I like them just not a fan of the gears, that's all :)
    Oh don't worry I'll probably be showing off my new VFC whatever in the Airsoft review thread next week :) can't resist a pretty AEG at all, a fine example being my G&G Sig 553. I love her yet she seems to live to hurt me. With the battery cut outs just as I'm about to shoot someone and the bb that got stuck in the lower receiver and my complete inability to get a silencer to fit on it.....
    If I had any brains at all I'd collect stamps or play golf:(

• Advertisement

Can't beat a bit of stamp collecting, it's a quality hobby.......actually maybe not!!!
    Just remember that an m4 platform, even one as good as a vfc will eat your wallet unless your careful......you've been warned!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

regardless of what my thoughts on VFC were/are. If I had 450 to spend i would get the VFC HK416. That thing is just amazing, externally anyways. If i had to I'd replace the internals but I have a soft spot for 416's so their one is just awesome.

Other than that I'd get the G&P Sentry a G&G Top Tech or build your own AR-15 platform :)

Just saw this on Facebook. Total rip off price wise. My god what do they take us for? Why can't I stop looking at it?
    http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1143

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Just saw this on Facebook. Total rip off price wise. My god what do they take us for? Why can't I stop looking at it?
    http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1143

While it is a beautiful gun, the stock is fugly do not care what anyone says.....

I really like the stock. Looks very comfortable and you just can't beat a rear wired stock stored battery. Pop a lipo in there and happily forget about it for a few days.
    Am not so sure about the mags.......

• Advertisement

I know there are a couple of Boards users running the Umarex/VFC HK416. Am still wresting with indecision but have narrowed down my choices to the above, a G&G 418 or a G&P Sentry. Of the three I know what I'm getting with them all except the Umarex which is of course the one I really like the look of. Just a bit concerned about the internals. Would really appreciate any feedback from VFC 416 owners
    Thanks as always in advance for any replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

The VFC 416 (Umarex) is just a standard VFC V2 gearbox that goes in most of there AEGs. The hop unit is different to there previous one and is a welcome change.
    The new hop is the rotary collar type that Marui uses a lot.
    The stock is extremely comfortable and is a really nice copy.

You won't be disappointed with it.

The HK417 is a completely different V2 hybrid GB with weak trigger contacts, like what was used in the XCR's.
    The stock tube diameter is much bigger than a standard stock tube.

The G&G 418 is a very nice AEG, but in my opinion is not as good as the VFC or TM versions as regards aesthetics.

The G&P Sentrys are great AEGs, very solidly built and very popular.

If you want a 417 go for the VFC you won't be disappointed.
    If you have a bit more money go for the TM 416, with the recoil engine and bolt lock it is a peach of an AEG (and one of my personal favourites)

Thanks for that Rooky1. I was only just looking at your TM 416 on Facebook the other day. I'm going to hang on until Chris has the 417D's back in as I never got a chance to hold one (just missed the last one by an hour) Would love to see somewhere in Dublin stocking TM AEG's.... Call me old fashioned but I really don't like buying something like that online

They did sell fast!
    I bought one of the VFC 416C's as soon as they got them in.
    Very nice AEG indeed.

I do know what you mean about getting the feel before you buy. Unfortunately I'm too impatient and have little time to drive the distance to any of the shops. So online ordering is my best option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Rooky1 wrote: »
    They did sell fast!
    I bought one of the VFC 416C's as soon as they got them in.
    Very nice AEG indeed.

I do know what you mean about getting the feel before you buy. Unfortunately I'm too impatient and have little time to drive the distance to any of the shops. So online ordering is my best option.

Yes, if Rooky could be at the factory waiting for the first gun to roll off the production line he would be:).

jayod30 wrote: »
    Yes, if Rooky could be at the factory waiting for the first gun to roll off the production line he would be:).

Comedian:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Rooky1 wrote: »
    Comedian:-)

You find the best comedy in truth :P

Inari wrote: »
    You find the best comedy in truth :P

Well I can't argue with that:-)
    But it is a case of pot and kettle with that Jay fella:-)

Advertisement