Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outgoing Caller ID and incoming Caller ID problems on business ISDN

Options
  • 18-06-2013 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

We've got several number blocks on  a Dublin fra ISDN line. 
    When I dial a Galway number (for example) from 01 890 xxxx, they see caller id as 003531890 xxxx ; and cannot return the call, probably because of the leading 003531 country code gives them a "beep-boop-bop" sound.
    When I dial that same Galway number from 01 810 xxxx , they wrongly see caller ID as 01 890 xxxx our main switchboard number.

So two problems there: The international code in the first example; the wrong caller id in the second.

What options exist for outgoing caller ID format, and how/ to whom do put in a request for change?

Incoming caller ID: I'm seeing calls from the UK starting with caller id 44, instead of 0044 ; and so cannot return the call directly. Calls from Galway or mobiles seem OK.

What options exist for incoming caller ID format, and how/ to whom do put in a request for change?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

andublin wrote: »
    We've got several number blocks on  a Dublin fra ISDN line. 
    When I dial a Galway number (for example) from 01 890 xxxx, they see caller id as 003531890 xxxx ; and cannot return the call, probably because of the leading 003531 country code gives them a "beep-boop-bop" sound.
    When I dial that same Galway number from 01 810 xxxx , they wrongly see caller ID as 01 890 xxxx our main switchboard number.

So two problems there: The international code in the first example; the wrong caller id in the second.

What options exist for outgoing caller ID format, and how/ to whom do put in a request for change?

Incoming caller ID: I'm seeing calls from the UK starting with caller id 44, instead of 0044 ; and so cannot return the call directly. Calls from Galway or mobiles seem OK.

What options exist for incoming caller ID format, and how/ to whom do put in a request for change?
    Hi anddublin, 

Have you got an internal system in place? 

If so is it and Eircom system or a third party? 

Thanks 

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭andublin

Hi anddublin, 

Have you got an internal system in place? 

If so is it and Eircom system or a third party? 

Thanks 

Tracey
    Hi Tracey; I understand you having to check; but the problem lies in the Eircom exchange, not the internal system. We are presenting outgoing caller ID  on all 3 number blocks just as local 7-digit number from our internal system to the Eircom lines.

Calls from two of the number blocks go perfectly through Eircom to mobiles; correctly showing the individual return number, not the main switchboard.

The Eircom exchange appears to change the other two number blocks  to show international prefix on calls to Galway as described above; and suppressing/replacing the outgoing caller id on one number block.

So the original questions are:

Thanks, Alan

Hi andublin,

You will need to contact the business service centre on 1800 601 701 to get them to look into this for you.

We would not have the facilities here in our channel.
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭andublin

You will need to contact the business service centre on 1800 601 701 to get them to look into this for you.
    That gives me a starter point, thanks. Is there an email address? I'd prefer not to have to describe this over the phone.

andublin wrote: »
    That gives me a starter point, thanks. Is there an email address? I'd prefer not to have to describe this over the phone.

Yeah no problem, the email addresses are businesscare@eircom.ie or bcccfmb@eircom.ie

Thanks 

Tracey

• Advertisement
Advertisement