Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olive Grove Restaurant Closure

Options
  • 18-06-2013 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

From their own Facebook page.
    Today, Garry & I closed our restaurant . I have tears on my eyes as I write this, but also a huge sense of relief that the decision has been made for us. Our bank is calling in their loan as we are unable to meet our commitments to them .
    Were we foolish to have moved to our new premises 6 years ago ?...at the time it seemed like the most logical and sensible thing to do . Do we regret the decision?....NO. We had 6 years in the most amazing location, that at times frustrated the hell out of us (a water leak that would mysteriously start streaming down form the ceiling for hours ......in winter , the wind howling through the windows ) But the play of light on the water and the stunning sunsets behind the church, everyday I appreciated them and was thankful that I worked in such a lovely place.We were 120 % sure it would work, but who knew what was around the corner?,...fundamentally we just paid too much .
    To all our customers, the dear ones that have passed away during our 16 years, the weekenders, those of you, who we have seen every week through our ups and downs ( we have laughed and cried with ) and those that we’ve lost along the way ......A MASSIVE THANK YOU.... Garry & I have always striven to serve you as best we could. We set the highest standards for ourselves and at times, did not meet them. We wish to apologise to those that were disappointed with us or the restaurant in any way.
    We have met the most amazing people and a great many friends and acquaintances. Many of whom continuously made me laugh and gave me daily inspiration. We will miss the daily banter and slagging that we frequently indulged in.
    Our Staff, the 18 who are currently employed with us, Garry & I are truly sorry that is has ended so abruptly. We were a wonderful crew and all the compliments (on tripadvisor & said to Garry & I personally) pay tribute to you. You have been so loyal trustworthy and incredible hard working. We are gutted that it had ended this way for you . This restaurant space is not the easiest to work in, nor Garry & I, feeling the strain of the last couple of years. We have not always been as patient and understanding as we might have been. To all our staff over the 16 years, “Thank You” too. You were an integral part to our success, a few of you, the backbone to it.
    To our suppliers, again the most sincerest of apologies. The decision to close and the abruptness of it, was not of our doing. Many of you , we have dealt with since we opened 16 yrs ago and many just over the last few years ...You were always so accommodating and helpful .
    Today feels like a dark day , but we know how fortunate we are in the scheme of things , with our wonderful families behind us .
    Gael & Garry

Shame such a popular place has had to succumb to this.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Everyone seems to be getting hammered in this down turn and the Olive Grove was no exception. Sad to see them go and I was hoping to take my Girlfriend some night.

Advertisement