Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best places to busk in Ireland?

• 18-06-2013 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

How's it going all? I've got an awful dose of itchy feet and have got it into my head to go on a bit of a wander funded by busking. Any suggestions on good towns in Ireland to busk in? I'd like to avoid cities if poss. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 cathal02

I've busked a lot in Cork and Galway City and both have been good, a lot of buskers target the festivals, for example if you play trad you'd be heading to willie clancy festival coming up soon, all depends on your act, wouldn't recommend it for a living though unless you've got a really good or unique act :) best of luck with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

If yer knocking around Galway mid August Athenry have a little local busking competition.... Nothing big but, well you know....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

cathal02 wrote: »
    I've busked a lot in Cork and Galway City and both have been good, a lot of buskers target the festivals, for example if you play trad you'd be heading to willie clancy festival coming up soon, all depends on your act, wouldn't recommend it for a living though unless you've got a really good or unique act :) best of luck with it
    If you're busking at the Wiliie Week playing trad, you'd hardly be unique... A 'Coal to Newcastle' situation!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 cathal02

endacl wrote: »
    If you're busking at the Wiliie Week playing trad, you'd hardly be unique... A 'Coal to Newcastle' situation!

:D

That's true but that's a town geared towards trad for the week so it's different, and playing jazz in cork during jazz fest will go down well too of course, but in general when a festival isn't on, you need extra something to stand out

Advertisement