Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requirements or what to focus on?

Options
  • 18-06-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, so I am currently doing Level 8 in Computer Science, just finished my 2nd year, two more years to go. I am really good with programming and whatever is related to coding, I ended up getting only 60 out of 100 credits in 2nd year, but I will improve next year. I am really interested in my course and when I finish it I am interested to continue education.

I found a nice course in Trinity, it's called:
    Computer Science (Interactive EntertainmentTechnology)
    It teaches stuff I am really interested in, like:
    • Data Communications and Networks
    • Graphics and Console Hardware
    • Real-time Rendering
    • Artificial Intelligence
    • Autonomous Agents
    • Real-timeb Animation
    • Real-timebPhysics
    • VisionbSystems
    • Augmented Reality

and has extra modules like software engineering (which I need as well).

I was wondering what is Trinity college requirements? I heard they require to just go through interview? how good results are you supposed to have?

Thank You.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

In which university/college are you currently studying? If you like your current course, why are you look at a ifferent course in Trinity College?

Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Kevster wrote: »
    In which university/college are you currently studying? If you like your current course, why are you look at a ifferent course in Trinity College?

Kevin

I am doing Bachelors right now in NCI in Dublin, the course I mentioned above is MSc as I wish to further proceed in my education.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Thanks.

My brother did a MSc in Computer Science at Trinity, but that was 10+ years ago. We all know that Trinity has a good reputation, so, if you can afford it then do it.

However, I think that you will find, arleitiss, that the things you learn in any course will not fully prepare you for a job in industry. Doing BSc's and MSc's more just proves what you're capable of to an employer. If you stay in academia, however, the things you learn will be more suited to your life as a researcher/lecturer.

Kevin

Advertisement