Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations puulease.

Options
  • 18-06-2013 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

I'm feeling a bit out of sorts with my T3 right now. I don't feel like I'm getting the best vape I can. I've had gurgling in the past but I fixed it by adding an extra seal so it's pretty much gone now. I like the flavour I'm getting at the beginning, but I'm finding the wick is getting gummed up when I use El Toro juice, and recently I had a look at the coil before I changed for a new bottom coil, and the old coil had a big solid lump of burnt tarry stuff on it.

So I think I want to either try something new, or get some advice on what I should be doing to prolong the good vape time on my bottom coils.

Anyone any experience of the Evods or T5s? I tried the iClear 16 and didn't think it was up to much. Decent throat hit but zero flavour. I'm using third party ego style batteries so I may get new ones as they're old enough now.

Any suggestions/recommendations on where I should go from here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Give the Protank or the DBox Puritank (uses protank heads i think) a go maybe. Both have pyrex tubes so no worries with tubes breaking down. And apparently they perform very well. You can also use your own driptip with the DBox one of you dont like metal drip tips. Evods are very popular with long time and new vapers alike. I hated the T3, I found it a leaky, gurgly, tasteless or plasticky tasting mess of a clearo. Apparently those issues have been sorted in the PRotanks and Evods.

Or give carto tanks a go, if you can find the AGR in stock anywhere they are a great tank. And some Boge LRs. I find they last a good while with El Toro Eden. But there are some juices will ruin them, I think i get two days out of a carto when using Texas Select Jr Mint Choc.

An RDA/RBA might suit you, although I have never been interested in them so cant really say anything on that front.

I think with whatever delivery system you need to give them a chance anyway before making up your mind, considering how hit and miss cartos and heads are. If you have knee jerk reactions to these things then you will never settle on anything.
    I will say though, if you dont have a Twist or Spinner (Variable Voltage device of some sort) you should definitely grab one, it will make your vaping much more enjoyable and you will have more versatility.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

I know many have had problems with the evods but personally iv never had an issue with them, no leaks or gurgling even with el toro Eden and easily cleaned and as with the pro tank the coils are a doddle to change especially if your not into rebuilding. Never likes the T3s and haven't tried the T5s so couldn't say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Thanks a million dudes. Yeah, I think my next battery will be a twist. I reckon I'll stay pretty much at 2.4ohm resistance on my coils for now, I've never had much joy with lower resistances, especially as I like to take a big long draw. But how and ever.

I reckon I'm gonna stick with a clearomiser of some sort. I've gone through all the other types over my years of vaping and I like them the best. The only thing holding me back from a protank is the shape because I like to stand my ecig on the base of the battery. The protank looks like it might make it a little top heavy. It's a bit of a weird thing to be worried about but there ya go. It definitely looks like it'd do the job though capacity wise it seems about right too; I generally vape around 2mg of juice a day, (the T3 tank holds a day's worth for me) so I like that about it.

Which makes me consider the Evods, seeings as they're pretty similar but with a smaller capacity tank. Maybe too small. i dunno. it's a toss up between the two. Unless anyone has any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

The pro tank will fit but it will make it top heavy alright but would be grand for at home the evods hold 1.8 I think but I'm sure others will have other suggestions although I think fr other threads the T3s are to be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I'm in the same boat. Going to try an Evod now after the negative remarks made about the T3s in the other thread, but I remember avoiding evods originally as people said the vape wasn't as warm as a T2.

I'm out and about a lot, so the protank is a no for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

I'd get 1 evod and 1 T3S and 1 Boge Carto

On an eGo battery right now.. I think these are the best choices. That's a total of like €12.50 and all going well should last you 2-3 weeks. Then you'll have a fair certain idea which option is better for you.

I've had some success with the evod, however did gurgle from time to time (had to unscrew it and blow it out into a tissue)

Had no experience with the T3S but since it's newer than the eVod the the latest Protank was so successful I've got high hopes

Been using Boge Cartos since day one and they never gurgle or leak and they're just entirely replaceable so no fiddling around with juice or heads and getting sticky fingers and what not, they don't hit really hard and the flavour is a little muted but those are minor minor quibbles for me, if you want a hassle free casual vape cartomise it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

StickyIcky wrote: »
    I'd get 1 evod and 1 T3S and 1 Boge Carto

On an eGo battery right now.. I think these are the best choices. That's a total of like €12.50 and all going well should last you 2-3 weeks. Then you'll have a fair certain idea which option is better for you.

I've had some success with the evod, however did gurgle from time to time (had to unscrew it and blow it out into a tissue)

Had no experience with the T3S but since it's newer than the eVod the the latest Protank was so successful I've got high hopes

Been using Boge Cartos since day one and they never gurgle or leak and they're just entirely replaceable so no fiddling around with juice or heads and getting sticky fingers and what not, they don't hit really hard and the flavour is a little muted but those are minor minor quibbles for me, if you want a hassle free casual vape cartomise it! :)

I think that's exactly what I'll do. Too many second hand opinions are mixing me up, I need to decide for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

It's the only way. You just gotta buy one of each and see for yourself. Personally all of them have given me hassle part from the carto / carto tank and the protank
    Both is what I use the most. I use a dripper too but mainly just while sitting and drinking at home for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

I gotta say, I'm really enjoying the Evod and Ego Twist battery combo. Pretty much the perfect vape for me, and the best I've ever had!

Advertisement