Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 debit cards for same account ?

Options
  • 18-06-2013 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have noticed that with the introduction of Visa Debit Ii no longer have a use for my other credit card. I would like to cancel it but would be worried that if i lost my debit card i wouldnt have any other payment option available.

I am wondering if 
    • It's possible to have 2 visa debit cards for 1 account. If so, is there a charge for this ?
    • If i lost my card but had access to 365 online how could i access the money ?

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi grahamor,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We understand where you are coming from however, it's not possible to have more than one card on your account. 

If you were to lose your card and have access to 365Online, one option would be to transfer funds to a close friend or family member's account who could use their own card to withdraw the funds for you. Once a card is reported to us as lost it is cancelled immediately and a replacement card is requested. The replacement card is sent to the address on your account and is generally received within 5-6 working days.

Hope this helps but if we can help with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Thanks for the reply.

Do you offer an emergency cash service like Ulster Bank recently announced ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi grahamor,

It's not a service we provide but we will pass on your suggestion to our Web Development Team for consideration.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement