Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

start my own tattoo shop

Options
  • 18-06-2013 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I was think of actually opening my own tattoo shop now I’m not an artist but I can run a business where would be best place to advertise for a artist to work in my shop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

How much homework have you done into what's involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 thefuture2014

i have shop equipment everything waiting to go and my artist left me hanging so dont want to sign contract till i have 1

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

If you're familiar with the tattoo industry in Ireland, you wouldn't be long about finding an artist to go work for you. The fact that you're asking may be a hint that perhaps opening a tattoo studio isn't for you?

there loads but they all have work finding one hat will work for a shop that no1 knows is the problem i have loads that will work when shop gains rep

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Do you have a good business and marketing plan to show the artists how you intend to promote the shop and gain customers? You must have had to have shown one to the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Assuming you are familiar with the tattoo scene and know the ins and outs of running a shop it's still tricky, there are established shops in Dublin who have been advertising for artists for months, a few shops have also taken on artists from outside the country which would suggest that they're now perhaps having to fly artists in because of the shortage of 'good' artists not already working in Ireland.

It's definitely not impossible, but for it to a success financially you'll really want to take on at least one more artist probably, and for that to possible you'll really need to open the shop with a good artist so people will come out of the way to your shop. Which is difficult because of the apparent lack of free 'good' artists and the fact that there's already probably an unsustainable amount of shops in the bigger cities in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

How can you go from asking about shops with decent artists in dub to ink you to knowing loads of artist and opening a shop in a week

http://monsterinktattoos.wix.com/monsterink-dundalk#!location/c21nl

looks like im not the only one everybody seems to be wanting to open one

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

This forum isn't a resource for you to advertise or to source people either.
    This thread is now closed.
    Please read the forum charter, and the Boards terms and conditions and familiarise yourself with them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement