Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finished :)

Options
  • 18-06-2013 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭

So, I've finally finished my Junior Cert. I've never been so happy to see Summer<3 I said I'd just write this to thank everyone on boards.ie who've been amazing these past few years :)

I joined boards in April 2012 cause I was a bored second year who was obsessed with getting straight As (:rolleyes: so optimistic and unrealistic). Since then I've met amazing people and have made lifetime friends :) Last years OT was the best thread I've ever been in and I absolutely love Leia, Patrick, David and Sarah.. We had some good times :') I still talk to some of them today and know I'll be talking to them for years to come :) So thank ye guys for being yer amazing, hilarious, mental selves <3

I'd also like the mods who are actually so sound :) People may think that they're just internet powerhouses but the truth is they know what they're talking about and are glad to help in every way they can. So thank you :) especially Spurious, Desie and SlowShow (even though you left </3), you've been a great help these past two years :D

Finally, I'd like the thank the lovely third years who joined boards this year. Ye've been an absolute pleasure getting to know and ye are some of the soundest people. You're all mad with yer amazing results and I'm just here like 'meh' :P Oh well :rolleyes: I wish ye all the very best in your results, because you all do truly deserve them! I've gotten to know some of you quite well and you've been amazing! Our OT wasn't very off-topic tbh, ye are all waaay too focused on exams and what-not :L Still, you've been great craic :D I'm not going to name ye now, cause I'll forget someone and I'll feel bad, so yeah, thank you all :D

So, I guess this is it. :eek: The last time I'll be posting as a JC'er :'( It's been a whirlwind journey full of the best companions I could've asked for. I'm sure I'll still be lurking around these threads for years to come and sure I'll be talking to most of ye in the TY forum next year. Until the next time though, thank you :) It's been a pleasure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭KatieG6

Feels like junior cert has gone past so quickly :O Finished my last exam today (Spanish) which I didn't study for but I still thought the paper was grand :D I ended up on boards.ie searching for predictions for the junior cert, so many people have helped me for many subjects, I would have failed history if it wasn't for some people on boards.ie :)
    Thanks everyone :D Roll on summer, going to disco tomorrow :D 4th year next year, 3rd year went way to fast :O I'm in hairdressers now getting highlights trying to pass a bit of time by going on here :) Thanks again everyone :))

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

Been a pleasure Bazinga meeting ya.looking forward to knowing you better in the TY forums next year................

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Done and dusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

The TY forum will have a huge make over next year! It's so dull and no activity at all on it, I already have a few threads planned to help other TY people with their experince and future questions :);).

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

:')

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Yay for 5th year...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

The TY forum will have a huge make over next year! It's so dull and no activity at all on it, I already have a few threads planned to help other TY people with their experince and future questions :);).

You say that now but usually it just goes really quiet for all of TY :p

Happens to every year, even off topics

2010/2011
    2011/2012
    2012/2013

Our year(2012/2013) actually went on for 5900 posts but 4200 was over the summer, it pretty much died in TY.

The bar is set pretty low guys, hopefully you can beat it :pac:

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    You say that now but usually it just goes really quiet for all of TY :p

Happens to every year, even off topics

2010/2011
    2011/2012
    2012/2013

Our year(2012/2013) actually went on for 5900 posts but 4200 was over the summer, it pretty much died in TY.

The bar is set pretty low guys, hopefully you can beat it :pac:
    I went from 0 - 1000 posts in 4 months ...

I go on Boards.ie too much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

That's pretty much how everyone starts TY :) It ain't happening. :D

That's pretty much how everyone starts TY :) It ain't happening. :D
    You clearly don't know me then :rolleyes: ... I should pay a visit whatever forum you troll on ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

You clearly don't know me then :rolleyes: ... I should pay a visit whatever forum you troll on ;).

I can hear the echo chamber already... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    SlowShow (even though you left </3), you've been a great help these past two years :D

Always here in spirit. :p Congratulations, having just finished my LC yesterday I can appreciate the feeling. I'm sure you'll be very happy with your results, you definitely deserve them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

And I don't even get a look in for the whole what is it... 3 months I've been here </3

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Slow Show wrote: »
    Always here in spirit. :p Congratulations, having just finished my LC yesterday I can appreciate the feeling. I'm sure you'll be very happy with your results, you definitely deserve them. :)

Awh she's back :') Thank you :) Best of Luck in your LC results :D
    And I don't even get a look in for the whole what is it... 3 months I've been here </3

:P

Tbf you definitely deserve a thanks. If it wasn't for your Notes thread we all would have been screwed at one point or another :eek: So thank you too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

I'm actually excited for 5th year, no more having to study for stupid pointless subjects I don't want. Have fun in TY Nathan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

The year went so fast, seems like only yesterday we were talking about getting exam papers in the JC OT thread :'):D

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Hah, I remember coming on here in September after just going back to school. At the time I was worried about whether I should be studying at such an early stage (all my teachers were telling us to), and then I came on here and there were already posts about the JC and studying for it. :o. Definitely made me feel pressured. But as it turns out, what most people say is right, the JC wasn't that hard at all.

This year went really fast... I feel so old ... only three years of "the big bad" school left, then we're free!(Unless if you do 5th Year next year) :')

I actually enjoyed third year despite the Junior Cert(which I have to admit, was fun and easy), I have a feeling i'll be one of those people who would miss school after the Leaving Cert :D. :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

This year went really fast... I feel so old ... only three years of "the big bad" school left, then we're free!(Unless if you do 5th Year next year) :')

I actually enjoyed third year despite the Junior Cert(which I have to admit, was fun and easy), I have a feeling i'll be one of those people who would miss school after the Leaving Cert :D. :p

Most people miss school after the Leaving Cert. They say they won't but they always do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Most people miss school after the Leaving Cert. They say they won't but they always do
    I'll definitely miss school after the Leaving Cert :p I miss school during the Summer :eek: Then again, I really do love my school :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement