Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Career opportunities from degree studied

• 18-06-2013 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi,

Apologies if I am posting in the incorrect forum (if so, please do move)

A person I know has just finished their exams studying for an honours degree in Business with Psychology from Dublin Business School and was enquiring as to what their career options are?

On both the DBS website and careers portal it says something like:

'The wide-ranging nature of knowledge and skills gained by business psychology graduates makes them an attractive proposition for any prospective employer. '

This tells me nothing. So if anyone can point me in the direction of areas of employment, I would be greatful.

(I have no preferred area of employment, although employment in H.R. was the first thing that came to mind.)

Thanks.
    D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Surely they should know if they´ve done the degree...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Have they talked the to careers department? Most 3rd level colleges will have a dedicated careers office where you can go and talk to someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

A degree like that would be very suitable for digital content design and customer-based businesses. Knowledge of relationship between business and psychology is extremely valuable there.

This area is booming at the moment and also receiving massive subsidies. So my advice is to research the likes of Twitter, Facebook and other digital media businesses and apply to companies like that.

For example, read up on this company: http://iqcontent.com/

Advertisement