Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate of VAT applied to Solicitors fees?

Options
  • 18-06-2013 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

H there,

What's the rate of VAT applied to Solicitors fees, for conveyancing - 21 or 23%?

Thanks,
    GW

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There is no 21% vat rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

23%, provision of services.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

23%, provision of services.

Correct.

Link here: http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/rates/decision-detail-00402.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Slightly off topic but when dealing with property transactions, my solicitor would always send a 'note of fees' which was clearly marked as not being a vat invoice. I thought it odd but it made no difference to me even though details of vat charges would be itemised.
    Was this legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

mickdw wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but when dealing with property transactions, my solicitor would always send a 'note of fees' which was clearly marked as not being a vat invoice. I thought it odd but it made no difference to me even though details of vat charges would be itemised.
    Was this legit?

In a word YES

• Advertisement

Why are they not issuing vat invoice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

mickdw wrote: »
    Why are they not issuing vat invoice?

One reason maybe that they only generate a vat invoice on the receipt of payment

kkelliher wrote: »
    One reason maybe that they only generate a vat invoice on the receipt of payment

I jus t thought it odd. I didn't look for or need a vat invoice so didn't concern me.

Advertisement