Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Face Treatments

• 18-06-2013 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm a woman in my early 50's with sagging jawline and loose skin on my face. I'm wondering if anyone knows a good treatment for this which will last as I've tried a couple of 'quick fixes' but nothing substantial. I'm wondering if I should get a facelift but would love to hear from anyone who's done something themselves and could recommend before I go down such a drastic route.
    Thanks in advance,
    A :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

romey25 wrote: »
    I'm a woman in my early 50's with sagging jawline and loose skin on my face. I'm wondering if anyone knows a good treatment for this which will last as I've tried a couple of 'quick fixes' but nothing substantial. I'm wondering if I should get a facelift but would love to hear from anyone who's done something themselves and could recommend before I go down such a drastic route.
    Thanks in advance,
    A :)
    you could try CACi ultimate lift facial, a course of them may do the trick for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Angie123

I heard about Thermage in the press as being this amazing anti aging treatment and found River Medical on the net. I was looking for something for my lower face and neck as I’d lost a lot of weight and had saggy, wrinkly skin on this area. I had no idea what the treatment was like but was immediately put at ease by River Medical on the phone - you get a consultation by a registered general nurse (who also carries out the treatment) for free to begin with. After going in for this consultation I made the appointment based on all the information the nurse gave me, she knew her stuff inside out and was really informative. During the treatment there was a little bit of pain but this didn’t last. The nurse knew exactly what level to do the treatment at and talked me through the whole thing which was really reassuring! There’s a huge difference to my neck and lower face, it’s plumped up and there’s so much more definition in the area too. I couldn’t recommend this treatment highly enough and think River Medical are amazing, real experts who know what they’re doing inside out, they’re website is www.rivermedical.ie

PS. Don't let the price put you off, you get what you pay for! :)

Angie123 wrote: »
    I heard about Thermage in the press as being this amazing anti aging treatment and found River Medical on the net. I was looking for something for my lower face and neck as I’d lost a lot of weight and had saggy, wrinkly skin on this area. I had no idea what the treatment was like but was immediately put at ease by River Medical on the phone - you get a consultation by a registered general nurse (who also carries out the treatment) for free to begin with. After going in for this consultation I made the appointment based on all the information the nurse gave me, she knew her stuff inside out and was really informative. During the treatment there was a little bit of pain but this didn’t last. The nurse knew exactly what level to do the treatment at and talked me through the whole thing which was really reassuring! There’s a huge difference to my neck and lower face, it’s plumped up and there’s so much more definition in the area too. I couldn’t recommend this treatment highly enough and think River Medical are amazing, real experts who know what they’re doing inside out, they’re website is www.rivermedical.ie

PS. Don't let the price put you off, you get what you pay for! :)
    Are you working for them? How much does this treatment cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Angie123

Hi Jadie,

No I don't work for them, this was something that I wanted to have done myself, without going down the radical route of a facelift. I had it done about 11 weeks ago so I am really looking forward to seeing the before and after photo shots. I think the results will be substantial. Yes it was costly but I feel it was money well spent.

Angie123 wrote: »
    Hi Jadie,

No I don't work for them, this was something that I wanted to have done myself, without going down the radical route of a facelift. I had it done about 11 weeks ago so I am really looking forward to seeing the before and after photo shots. I think the results will be substantial. Yes it was costly but I feel it was money well spent.

How much did it cost??

• Advertisement

also I wouldn't be convinced of the safety of this procedure, there have been lawsuits in the U.S. from people who have had dents in their skin as a result of burning from this procedure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I had a bit of thermage done on the start of my jowls as well in WWW.thelasercentre.ie

I don't know if it made too much of a difference but it cost fifty quid so I didn't lose much either way!

Advertisement