Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Needed

Options
  • 18-06-2013 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guys,
    I'm looking for a job in Carlow town. I'm not looking for much, something part time would be suitable. Just enough to allow me to save a little, as I'm a student. I have a good amount of experience in restaurant service and general promotion. I'm a very confident and outgoing individual, eager to learn. Just thought I'd put this up here and see if anyone had any suggestions.
    Thank for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

For the life of me, I can't think of anywhere that are actually looking for staff right now! Your best bet at this stage of summer, is to just fire CV's out to anywhere you'd be interested in working, and follow up a week or so later about it. I little advice, try to make it interesting. Be creative. If I actually seen someone leave in an interesting looking CV, I would be more inclined to look at it, and thus, you get noticed.
    I work in a retail store locally, and I can tell you, we get a huge amount of CV's in everyday. All your standard word docs, most without a cover letter. Not many get a look over by anyone other then non-management staff. Which brings me to my next point. Make sure you ask for a manager! A normal staff member will probably forget, or not bother to show the manager a new CV.
    You'll really want to be following up any past CV's you've left in soon. Leaving Cert is finished, and I expect even more CV's will be floating around.
    If you haven't gotten your CV out yet, imo, it would be looking grim for you!
    Don't be afraid to post in on Facebook/Twitter looking for a job. Someone you know might actually have something. I'm sure you'll probably get some smart arse saying you can cut their grass, but it's worth a try. Ask uncles/aunts/cousins/etc - Make everyone aware that you're looking for something.
    Doing that will give you a great chance.
    If you know that your uncle Bob plays golf with the manager of a shop, tell him to throw in a word for you.
    As they say, it's not what you know, it's who you know.
    As unfair as it is, that's how I, along with many others, got a job.
    Best of luck anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

Abrakebabra usually have signs stuck in their window looking for staff it might tide you over till something else comes along.

Advertisement