Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Putting dads name on birth cert

• 18-06-2013 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi I'm a single mother of one. Myself and daughters father split while I was pregnant. He had no contact until three years ago but since then he's been great and really involved in her life. His name is not on her birth cert but mutually we agree we want his name on it. Has anyone gone through this and re registered their child so his name can go on it? If so what route did you take? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

reggie2k13 wrote: »
    Hi I'm a single mother of one. Myself and daughters father split while I was pregnant. He had no contact until three years ago but since then he's been great and really involved in her life. His name is not on her birth cert but mutually we agree we want his name on it. Has anyone gone through this and re registered their child so his name can go on it? If so what route did you take? Thanks in advance :)

http://www.groireland.ie/registering_a_birth.htm#5.%20Re-registration%20of%20Births:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 reggie2k13

infosys wrote: »
    Thanks but I've read everything on it on the net looking for personal experiences of it more so :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

reggie2k13 wrote: »
    Thanks but I've read everything on it on the net looking for personal experiences of it more so :/
    It's hard to know what you mean by personal experiences - do you mean length of time to complete, are people happy with their decision to do this, is the child happy with the addition?

Either way, it's unlikely that you'll get the answers you're looking for here legal discussion, apart from what you've been given already. Maybe you'd be better off asking a mod to move the thread over to the Parenting Forum ? You might get some personal experiences of the process there instead of details of the legal steps that you would have to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 reggie2k13

Ok thanks very much :)

Advertisement