Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra Credits (online video series)

• 18-06-2013 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭

I searched and couldn't find any previous mention of this so I just thought I would share it with anyone who might be interested. It's a video series on Youtube that used to be on The Escapist. I think they had some disagreements with the Escapist though and they sort of went rogue for a while before being picked up by Penny Arcade. It's back to weekly again now.

I've always found it very interesting as it deals with gaming in a more academic and often theoretical way than most channels I've seen. It's narrator is Daniel Floyd who is currently an animator at Pixar and it's co-written by a dude named James Portnow who is apparently a game designer, consultant and lecturer. They have guest artists most week to draw illustrations.

Here's one of their recent videos:

They tend to tackle a fairly wide range of game-related topics and generally have something interesting to say on it. A lot of episodes detail how games are made too which I personally enjoy learning about. My main gripe is just the sped up voice which I believe was originally used to just save time but you get over it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I'm a big fan of the Extra Credits stuff. Gives a genuine developers view of games at times. They seem to have run out of good topics this season though but their archive is well worth a view.

Advertisement