Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving instructor recommendations

Options
  • 18-06-2013 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody care to throw out some recommendations for a decent instructor in the area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Is there a test centre in the area yet? If not I would be more inclined to use an instructor in Finglas as it's the nearest test centre. I went to Michael in the Independent Driving School beside the test centre. Passed first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No, there used to be one in Tyrrelstown but that was just to clear the back log of tests.

Most instructors from around the are know the Finglas test routes anyway because it is their nearest centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Ill tell you who not to touch , thats airport , 10 hours without teaching me to reverse , then said do x hours and you'll pass , hundreds more on lesson .

Also dont go for the finglas test centre .

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭paddy

I did lessons with http://www.psom.ie/ & found him pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Thanks guys, I'll pass on the details for psom.ie Paddy, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭miss misty

A-Z Driving, Darren Sunderland (rip) father runs this school and is fantastic. Both my sons passed with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

athtrasna wrote: »
    Is there a test centre in the area yet? If not I would be more inclined to use an instructor in Finglas as it's the nearest test centre. I went to Michael in the Independent Driving School beside the test centre. Passed first time.

MOH will be doing her 2nd test in a few months in Finglas, how many lessons did you get/need and roughly how much did it cost because I was thinking these would probably be the best to help her pass this time (driving 3.5 years)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

dickwod1 wrote: »
    MOH will be doing her 2nd test in a few months in Finglas, how many lessons did you get/need and roughly how much did it cost because I was thinking these would probably be the best to help her pass this time (driving 3.5 years)

I think I only did 3, like that had been driving for a few years. Off the top of my head I can't remember what I paid. I can still here the instructor's voice when I'm in traffic...always remember that I need to see tyres on tarmac in front of me ;)

Advertisement