Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emails duplicating

Options
  • 18-06-2013 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

Every so often, all the emails in my inbox are duplicated and I end up having to go through my inbox and delete all the extra copies. Does anyone know what causes this to happen or what I can do about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

onway wrote: »
    Every so often, all the emails in my inbox are duplicated and I end up having to go through my inbox and delete all the extra copies. Does anyone know what causes this to happen or what I can do about it?

What OS and mail client? Webmail or POP3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

Incoming mail is POP3 server - webmail and I use Windows Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Im recieving my all my mail twice on my iphone, i use hotmail, the rep on the microsoft forums reply dident work which was change password an reinstall but didnt work and there quite slow to hear back from, i anyone ever had this problem and solved please let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Are you using Eircom.net?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

I am ....

• Advertisement

I am ....
    OK well Eircom have upgraded a lot of their accounts in the past 2 weeks to IMAP and for some reason, accessing the account with POP3 settings will constantly cause duplicates even after deletion.

You need to change the account preferences:

See my most recent posts, I've made a load of comments resolving this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Im using hotmail

Im using hotmail
    What app / settings are you using for Hotmail?

Advertisement