Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor good with people into fitness

• 18-06-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

As the thread title alludes to, I am looking for a doctor that would be a bit wise for people into fitness.

Quite frankly my own doctor is useless and pretty much anything.

I want to be able to sit down and have a good chat with them about the supplements I am taking, a full blood work and just a general check on my health.

I am into lifting weights nothing major like, but I just know my own doctor would look at what I am doing and just shrug so I am really looking for someone that knows what they are talking about and can talk me through any blood tests etc rather than ringing up and saying "im grand"

Anywhere in Limerick is grand.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

No personal experience but Stephen Lucey a former duel player with Limerick GAA and a young man he used to practice in Town but I believe he is back in his home town of Croom practicing now!
    Im sure youd get his number on the yellow pages etc!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Tom O'Callaghan on New street has an interest in sports medicine and I've always found him very open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

JP Donohoe is one of the doctors in the dooradoyle medical centre and is also part of the munster rugby medical team.

situated next to collins bar in dooradoyle

http://www.dooradoylemedicalcentre.ie/frulcrum.html?ep=6&ad=1&to=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

Dr Miriam Callinan is a very knowledgeable GP in terms of sport..great skier and swimmer..
    Been my GP for years.

I'd highly recommend her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

No personal experience but Stephen Lucey a former duel player with Limerick GAA and a young man he used to practice in Town but I believe he is back in his home town of Croom practicing now!
    Im sure youd get his number on the yellow pages etc!

+1

I think he has a masters in sports medicine too. He'd certainly know his stuff

• Advertisement
Advertisement