Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrific sound quality at new superman movie

Options
  • 18-06-2013 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Just back from the Eye cinema, bought 2 tickets for a tenner each to see the new Superman and another 20 quid on munch for myself and the ladyfriend.

The sound was distorted the entire way through the film, really really bad. Was worse than watching a cam, at times it was inaudible. Asked someone that worked there and they simply said that there was nothing they could do.

Very disappointed in this one, just a heads up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

Did you complain to the staff/management?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭john.han

You sure you were in the Eye? Tickets are about €7 mid week there.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

john.han wrote: »
    You sure you were in the Eye? Tickets are about €7 mid week there.

Wasnt really looking, maybe it was 7, last time it was 9, maybe it was cheaper 2nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Did you complain to the staff/management?

said it to one of the staff, they said they couldn't do anything. Didnt make a complaint and didnt follow it through, didnt want to miss any of the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

-Vega- wrote: »
    said it to one of the staff, they said they couldn't do anything. Didnt make a complaint and didnt follow it through, didnt want to miss any of the movie.

Probably worth mentioning it afterwards. Never had an issue with the Eye but had a problem in a cinema outside galway before and they gave the entire audience free tickets to see another film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Send them an email maybe,its not too late. Save the awkwardness of a face to face complaint and maybe get yourself some compensation on ticket price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

If you have a genuine complaint, they will give you free passes for another movie.

-Vega- wrote: »

Surely if the sound was as bad as you claim then you missed a lot of the film? I know that if I paid to see a film and the sound was like that of a cam rip I would be getting my money back and attending another showing. If you were able to sit through the film then it can't have been that bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Was this the half six showing of Man of Steel? If so, I think to call it worse than cam audio and at times inaudible is a bit dramatic. I was at that showing earlier as well and I did notice the audio was bad in spots, very tinny and distorted, though not to the point of inaudibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭squonk

If you felt that strongly (and saying that the quality was worse than a CAM rip is feeling strongly) then why on earth didn't you insist on speaking with a manager rather than just taking the word of a member of staff? There's nothing anybody on Boards can do about this. The cinema management are the ones to speak with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

I saw it yesterday and had absolutely no problems. If anything, I think the picture and sound quality has greatly improved in the eye since it went digital.

I thought the movie was quite good too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

squonk wrote: »
    If you felt that strongly (and saying that the quality was worse than a CAM rip is feeling strongly) then why on earth didn't you insist on speaking with a manager rather than just taking the word of a member of staff? There's nothing anybody on Boards can do about this. The cinema management are the ones to speak with!
    This ^^^, sorry OP but you need to contact the people that actually have the power to do something about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement