Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric cigarettes

Options
  • 18-06-2013 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi all does anyone know of or ever used these electric cigarettes. would love my daughter to give up the bloody things but dont know if they work or how much they are etc.cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Hi OP

There is a forum with giving up smoke on boards and there is a sub forum attached with regards to e-cigs.

Giving up smoking

Vaping and E-Smoking

Im currently on e-cigs at the moment. They are helping me out greatly. I haven't touched a cig in nearly 2 months. I haven't had a relapse with them at all. They range in prices. The one i got was €7 and its the equivalent of 40 cigs. I have no problem with them.

Im sure you would find more infor in the forum i linked you! Good Luck OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

puddles 59 wrote: »
    hi all does anyone know of or ever used these electric cigarettes. would love my daughter to give up the bloody things but dont know if they work or how much they are etc.cheers.

I use them, many do.
    They work, but only if you want to give up cigarettes.
    If she thinks cigs are "cooler" (usually the deciding factor in a young person), she won't like ecigs - totally not normal or cancerous enough for most young people. Don't wanna wreck their cred until they see Kanye West or Taylor Swift with one in hand, y'know?
    Bad ones - €15-150 (some of those guys'n'gals are gougers to the uninitiated)

Good ones - €20-70

Great ones - €100+

"Holy shit I just gave birth to Jesus" ones - €150-1000+

Best starter kit on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭jack7

intellicig.com is an excellent website. their cigarettes are eco pure. Once you get started up, very cheap. You can buy liquid to fill your cartridges and it last for 4 to 6 weets. Brilliant product, would highly recommend them. I not longer smoke and was smoking 25 a day. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I've been out of the loop for a while but I remember intellicig well. They made a concerted effort to produce products that could pass for medicalisation (if thats a term) and were seriously hoping that other e-cig sellers would be pushed out in place of their bland medical type e-cigs and liquid. This despite efforts from everyone else in the e-cig world trying to make sure they didn't get medicalised as it would be a disaster for the buyer and seller of the things. Boycotted them ever since but maybe they have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

They haven't, they're the makers of the much-maligned 'Vype' that's just come out and greatly underwhelmed everybody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

grindle wrote: »
    They haven't, they're the makers of the much-maligned 'Vype' that's just come out and greatly underwhelmed everybody.
    Ahhhhh...the Vype....thought everything about vaping was cool until I saw the vype, it seems so...contrived somehow, very dated design and graphics....hope it is a disaster for them, would be great to see the small companies who have stuck it out become the winners in this rather than the tobacco giants.

Advertisement