Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contents only for renting

Options
  • 18-06-2013 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get contents insurance while renting a house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

with pretty much any insurer as they all offer contents only policies for tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Does anyone know of a company that offers contents insurance for someone renting AND sharing with other people?

I live with 2 friends and am just looking to insure my own items.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

Does anyone know of a company that offers contents insurance for someone renting AND sharing with other people?

I live with 2 friends and am just looking to insure my own items.

again any contents policy will do. The policy will only cover items legally owned by the policy holder. In the event of a claim you would need to be able to prove that you own the items you are claiming for

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

The 1st place I tried only covers families/couples or people on their own. The 2nd place wasn't sure and is due to ring me back.

Im sure some places do it, it just seems hard to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

kkelliher wrote: »
    again any contents policy will do. The policy will only cover items legally owned by the policy holder. In the event of a claim you would need to be able to prove that you own the items you are claiming for
    Insurers generally won't offer a policy where there is communal occupancy. It's down to the control the policyholder has over access to the premises. It's not just about theft, it has to do with the liability section of a contents policy too

• Advertisement
Advertisement