Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you repeat one subject so you have 6 subjects for requirements?

• 18-06-2013 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Can you repeat just one subject for the general entry requirement for courses?
    (needing 2 HLC3's and passes in 4 other subjects)

I only do 6 subjects, so if I fail one I won't be able to get into my course even if I get the points.

If I repeat one subject will this add to the entry requirements and allow me to do the course and keep my points from the previous year? Just like people repeating maths?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Yes you can repeat 1 subject for requirements, but you can not add it into points, i.e if you fail maths but get 400 points, you can repeat maths, pass it and get into your course, but it does not affect your points total.

Unless you plan on doing medicine,then you have to meet entry and point requirements all in 1 year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

HugsiePie pretty much nailed it there. Your points requirement are calculated from one sitting of the LC but you can redo certain subjects to meet grade requirements.
    HugsiePie wrote: »
    Yes you can repeat 1 subject for requirements, but you can not add it into points, i.e if you fail maths but get 400 points, you can repeat maths, pass it and get into your course, but it does not affect your points total.

Unless you plan on doing medicine,then you have to meet entry and point requirements all in 1 year.

Advertisement