Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Foam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Thought he was gonna use it as filler material!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Thought he was gonna use it as filler material!

Apparently it gives a good vape but you could tell he was pretty concerned about the unknown effects of using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It still hot-spotted when it wasn't tilted in juice, plus it would get destroyed with tobacco juices. No-go as the future from what I could see.

#FamousLastWords

#ThisIsn'tFacebook

#WhichIsn'tTwitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Seems we all watch the same vids . Interesting concept and one to follow I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

I'll give it one month from now for someone to come up with something better than SS mesh/rope.I'll then give it another month for that to be replaced.Seems to have gotten a jolt to the ballbag of late.Its pretty much the only part of vaping I haven't tried,but I'll hold off until the wicking improves,although after saying that,its nearly there with ribbon and SS rope by the looks of things,or is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

...a jolt to the ballbag...

Sexy talk right there, like a modern-day Barbara Cartland.

SS rope is very nearly almost there, we just need a non-conductive version that can be flamed so we don't have to worry about shorts or constantly replacing it.

Might be a ceramic that wicks as fast someday soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Nickel is a known carcinogen, not sure if it would be an issue in this use.
    Its used in small amounts in lots of everyday items so I'm not sure in what form it's dangerous. ???

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

grindle wrote: »
    Sexy talk right there, like a modern-day Barbara Cartland.

SS rope is very nearly almost there, we just need a non-conductive version that can be flamed so we don't have to worry about shorts or constantly replacing it.

Might be a ceramic that wicks as fast someday soon.

I'm trying the ss rope at the minute and find my biggest problem is over wicking but also there is a big lack of flavour compared to mesh, I wonder is it just my setup or a characteristic of ss rope?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

I'm trying the ss rope at the minute and find my biggest problem is over wicking but also there is a big lack of flavour compared to mesh, I wonder is it just my setup or a characteristic of ss rope?

I find the ss rope gives same flavour as mesh. The one issue I do have with it is heat retention when chain vaping. No deal breaker though.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Yesterday I built a wickless coil on the IGO-L (just for fun). I think the next big thing will be a stand of resistance wire, in a small pool of liquid, with a tank that drips into the pool as it goes dry. No need to worry about wicks anymore and nothing to interfere with the flavour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement