Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherry pie

Options
  • 18-06-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Where can I get some good Cherry pie?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

In the entire world, or a more specific location?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭NickMondo

City center or anywhere in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭NickMondo

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

I know how you feel! Cherry pies in Canada are what dreams are made of!!! Sad to say, I've never seen the real thing for sale here so I guess you'll have to do what I do and roll your sleeves up! There are any number of recipes on the internet if you don't actually have one yourself and now is the time for fresh cherries if you're well in funds. Otherwise cans and jars of cherries make a pretty satisfying alternative. Good luck and if you do go the self-made route, let us know how it turned out.........please?!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I just saw a large jar of Morello cherries in Aldi today. Don't know what the quality is like though, didn't buy them.

• Advertisement

I have a couple of those jars on my own shelf and now thanks to Nick's post, the niggling desire for cherry pie.....or clafouti......or crisp.........or cheesecake.........cherry "something", definitely has me fidgeting. Damn, there goes the diet for ANOTHER weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

janmaree wrote: »
    I have a couple of those jars on my own shelf and now thanks to Nick's post, the niggling desire for cherry pie.....or clafouti......or crisp.........or cheesecake.........cherry "something", definitely has me fidgeting. Damn, there goes the diet for ANOTHER weekend.

Never mind, when you bake something cherryful you will feel much better for having de-cluttered your shelves! :D

You are so right but my "pantry" shelves are not the problem; it's how to de-clutter the rest of the place that's driving me to comfort eat! Where to start!!!!!!:eek:

Well, I went the clafouti route in the end and it was pretty good, lovely aromatic pudding even in hot weather and so, so straightford you can make the batter in a blender! I used the Simply Recipes version and it turned out well, worth a try with all the cheap fresh cherries just now.

Advertisement