Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Load helicopter 3am 16/17 june 13

Options
  • 18-06-2013 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

guys, anybody no why that helicopter is flying around at night? its much louder than normal helicopters, and also flys quite low.. you can hear it from quite a distance aswell...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

gavb1991 wrote: »
    guys, anybody no why that helicopter is flying around at night? its much louder than normal helicopters, and also flys quite low.. you can hear it from quite a distance aswell...

Anything to do with the G8? Alot of the Sligo Hotels had/have been used by some of the international tv networks as a base during the two days of the conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gavb1991

could be.. but i some how dout it, seems to be flying around the outskirts over estates and stuff. not just an a-b kind of route..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

My guess is the G8 as well. It was definitely following a pattern the first night, like it was doing a security sweep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gavb1991

My guess is the G8 as well. It was definitely following a pattern the first night, like it was doing a security sweep.

well it did seem like some sort of a secuity sweep.. thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Dunno if it has happened yet the Coast Guard are replacing the Sikorsky S-61 rescue helicopter in the airport with the newer Sikorsky S-92. Usually they do major training sessions before it being stationed full time. I think low level routes along the coastline (day and night) are part of the training plan.

However given the amount of G8er's about the place in the last few days, private helipcopter might seem more likely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement