Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Novice Darts Player Help

Options
  • 18-06-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi, I'm 19 and I've been playing at home consistently for over a year (since the 2012 World Cup of Darts to be exact) and when I'm on form, I'm pretty good.

I don't know many people who play or even like the sport and so it's hard to find anyone to play against, just wondering if anyone has any advice on starting out in match play? I live in Swords and I'm not aware of any particular darts clubs/teams/nights or anything, especially for a beginner who has only played a few legs against others.

Thanks in advance for responses!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mcrdotcom

mackeire wrote: »

Yeah I was on that, all it seems to say is what teams are in what league. I see one swords team in the senior league.

I don't really know how the leagues work, the cups didn't seem to hold "junior" or "senior" people. So I was hoping somebody could explain to me the situation with darts in the area and the general way in which someone joins a team or league.

And most importantly how you went from being novice players to getting the match experience to be able to join a team?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

maybe stick a comment up in the ncdl page on boards. its probably a few pages back. one of the lads that are in the league might be able to help ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Tonplus

Well young man' I cant help you out with your Location but as you are 19years old my Advice would be to try the pubs in your area.After all Darts is a Pub game. You may not drink alcohol but that does not stop you or deny you access to pubs to play darts. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bassett173

there is the kinsealy inn there playing out out of colmcilles gaa club in swords give them a try

• Advertisement
Advertisement