Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Remote Control not working

Options
  • 18-06-2013 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭

I have a security system in my house.

I cannot control it from the remote control though, despite there being a cable going into it and the lights on it illuminating orange. There is a DC power socket with no supply attached to it, is it simply a case of plugging in a 12V supply and it would work?

At the moment I have to go to another control in another part of the house and its nowhere near the monitors which basically makes it a two man job to review something or change anything.

I control it with the grey box, but obviously want to do it with the black remote. (Not the tiny black IR control, the wired one!)

IMAG1215.jpg

This is the model number of the remote control.

IMAG1214.jpg

You can see there is a cable going in and it must provide power of some sort because the remote lights up orange but the buttons dont seem to do anything.

IMAG1213.jpg

IMAG1212.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Plugging in the remote should fix it provided you didn't change any of the settings on the dvr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Jnealon wrote: »
    Plugging in the remote should fix it provided you didn't change any of the settings on the dvr.

Do you mean plugging in the power supply? I assume the part that is attached to the control is plugged in on the other end because there wouldnt be any power to light up the buttons otherwise.

Advertisement