Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord looking for money

Options
  • 19-06-2013 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

So my last landlord emailed me today i left his house in april of 2012,to tell me a debt agency was after me for 197e in arrears on esb we didnt pay,now he lives in london & had new ppl moved in few days after we left the house.The esb was never in my name but they had sent out letters looking for 90 odd euro to the address which he never seen till he came back today as the new tenants have moved on,I told him where to go its his problem not mine a yr later the f..kin cheeky f..ker.So he tells me he rang esb to say he has proof it was me living there not him on the dates the money is due etc and how it will effect my credit rating if i dont pay it wtf,is he taking a chance il pay it & talking ****e or should i pay it.Im thinking im ok cause i knew nothing of these letters or the bill would of been paid of course,but the fact he has been away a yr its now in arrears what to do ppl???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Did you use the electricity or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

If you were there for those dates then you owe it.

Did you take a meter reading when you left and settle up with the ESB? Seems not

If you left and maybe the bill came in 6 weeks later it's still your bill if you were there for those dates.

By the way, ESB have nothing to do with the Irish Credit Bureau so that's an empty threat from the landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Did you settle your bill before you left?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

That doesn't make sense. Was the ESB is the Landlords name?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

That doesn't make sense. Was the ESB is the Landlords name?

Yes landlord never changed name so its in his name but says he was onto electic ireland & can prove he wasnt living there. We would of used a few wks after the last bill b4 we moved no problem paying thst but he can feck off im not paying arrears

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

how was the bill usually paid, paying the 'LL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

If the bill was in the LLs name, ESB will not and cannot come after you, even if the LL can prove you were living there. There is no debt agency after you.

Advertisement