Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & soul festival this weekend

Options
  • 19-06-2013 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi guys, body and soul is on this weekend fri - sun in athboy co Westmeath. I always read MT's weather reports but seen as he's not back til next week could someone tell me what the weather is going to be like this weekend? I know it's not meant to be great. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ofthebeststuff

It's looking a bit rainy but nothing desperate: mixed sun/cloud/possible rain on Fri, showers for sure on the Sat and Sun, though the forecast has been improving slightly over the last few days. Hopefully it keeps getting better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Looks windy too. Worth keeping in mind if you have large tent. It doesn't take galeforce winds to tip them over. Exposed spots might be hairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Does Sunday look better than Saturday? I may just go down for the day Sunday if the weather isn't great! I do have a large tent but trying to decide whether is worth lugging it down for one night especially if the weather isn't great!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ofthebeststuff

Sunday does look a little bit better! I hate missing anything though, so I'll be getting there as early as possible, rain be damned. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

I posted this in the body and soul thread in the Events forum.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

I know some people here aren't fans of met.ie but make what you want of it. Friday afternoon and evening look okay as well as Sunday but most of Saturday is gonna be rainy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Friday ok in the morning but rain spreading from the West to all areas

Friday : Any rain along the east coast will clear and it will become mainly dry during the morning, with sunny spells, but rain will develop in the west and southwest in the afternoon, spreading eastwards to all parts later, with fresh southerly winds. Max. 15 to 18 Celsius, highest in the east and south. Clearer weather, with showers, will follow on Friday night, with strong southwesterly winds. Turning cooler.

Weekend : Cool, with maximum temperatures of just 14 to 18 Celsius. There will be some sunny spells, but occasional showers also, some heavy, especially in the west and north, with a risk of thunder. Windy, with fresh to strong southwesterly winds veering northwesterly in direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Well I am not going to let a little rain....

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

....dampen my spirits.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭random1337

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have an issue.
    On ticketmaster it says I will need to have the credit card used in the ticket purchase as well as the confirmation number to bring with me to obtain my ticket at body and soul. I'm using my mother's credit card to buy the ticket and she lives in Waterford....so I won't have it with me. Will this cause me a problem, do they actually look for your credit card on the day? Or if I took down the card details on paper would that be enough? Anyone know from experience? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Your in the weather forum, try the gigs and events thread below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056829487

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I posted this in the body and soul thread in the Events forum.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

I know some people here aren't fans of met.ie but make what you want of it. Friday afternoon and evening look okay as well as Sunday but most of Saturday is gonna be rainy.

This at the moment is showing that early Sunday will have rain of between 0.1 & 0.5 mm/hr.
    I take it that would be classed as 'light infrequent showers'. Would that be right?

The rain seems to be clearing from 6pm, so the evening & night should be dry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Monkaa wrote: »
    Does Sunday look better than Saturday? I may just go down for the day Sunday if the weather isn't great! I do have a large tent but trying to decide whether is worth lugging it down for one night especially if the weather isn't great!

Just in case you don't know - you're not allowed camp on Sunday night if you only have a day ticket, according to the B&S website.
    You'll need a weekend ticket to enter the campsites.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Yeh I have a weekend ticket months now but just wasn't sure what to do as was originally going home sunday so thats where the one night thing came into it. Im heading down Saturday anyway now regardless of the weather but hoping the forecast improves!

Advertisement