Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 Music (Listening, Composing & General Study) Papers Wednesday June 19th, 2013

Options
  • 19-06-2013 9:34am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Music (Listening, Composing & General Study) OL & HL
    Wednesday June 19th 2013

All discussion and questions about the Music papers goes here, following the exam.

Please keep off-topic chat elsewhere.

Good luck all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭claryfray

Well, thought it was a fair paper. Never did the essay that came up , but I just wrote a load of rubbish about the Fields of Athenry :P

Got like none of the dictation but oh well.

Aside from that I think I did fine :) I am thinking a B which I would be happy with,

For the Irish music did ye get a reel or a double jig?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

What do you think of the music exam this morning? I was happy with it :) What did you get for the Irish music question? The question asking what type of dance was playing? I said a jig, but there was mixed answers from others in my class.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I also said a jig

For the first question, I was looking at the wrong page! So I just winged the first two excerpts... was Excerpt 2 Engleburg Humperdink?

I also hadn't prepared the essay but went on about 'She moved through the fair'

And I got a jig but I didn't specify what kind of jig.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Caoimheee_15

claryfray wrote: »
    Well, thought it was a fair paper. Never did the essay that came up , but I just wrote a load of rubbish about the Fields of Athenry :P

Got like none of the dictation but oh well.

Aside from that I think I did fine :) I am thinking a B which I would be happy with,

For the Irish music did ye get a reel or a double jig?
    I said Double jig:eek: I just really hope they give me marks for writing a load of answers down. For one it asked for 3 points and I wrote down 6 because I'm pretty sure they weren't all right:p

• Advertisement

Does anyone remember something of what they got for the dictation?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭OisinLAD

I said a Reel, 4 Time. :L

The test was sounnnnnnnnnnnnnd!

Did you guys get song 2 for the last quesiton on q1. ?

OisinLAD wrote: »
    I said a Reel, 4 Time. :L

The test was sounnnnnnnnnnnnnd!

Did you guys get song 2 for the last quesiton on q1. ?

yes

I remember my dictation but how can I write it down? haha.

The test was sound IMO.. Possibly an A.. Most likely a B.
    (Same with nearly every subject *sigh* hahaha)

I said Double jig:eek: I just really hope they give me marks for writing a load of answers down. For one it asked for 3 points and I wrote down 6 because I'm pretty sure they weren't all right:p

If you write down more than what they asked for, you won't get any of the marks.. or so my teacher says

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭abcdefghijkl

I wonder what grade I would get if I sat that exam. I left music half way through 2nd year! :D

I wonder what grade I would get if I sat that exam. I left music half way through 2nd year! :D

I guarantee you'd get a C.. and possibly a B ;)

I think the music test is ridiculously easy :D <-- I ain't complainin' though :D

MomijiHime wrote: »
    If you write down more than what they asked for, you won't get any of the marks.. or so my teacher says

Seriously??!!! Great that is like half my exam out the window!! :L :eek: I really don't think thats fair :confused:

Seriously??!!! Great that is like half my exam out the window!! :L :eek: I really don't think thats fair :confused:

Don't worry, that's BS. You'll get your marks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes, it's BS - you won't get any extra marks for extra info, but you won't lose marks.
    Never ceases to amaze me the cobblers some people's teachers allegedly come out with.

OisinLAD wrote: »
    Don't worry, that's BS. You'll get your marks.
    Thanks, I better cause I do it for pretty much every subject:p

• Registered Users Posts: 39 3yearstudent98

Music is my favourite subject and best so I was really happy!! Dictation is always tricky for me did anyone get the dotted crotchet as the first note in the third bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

yeah, I got the dotted crotchet followed by a quaver after it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 3yearstudent98

Cuttlefish wrote: »
    yeah, I got the dotted crotchet followed by a quaver after it :)

Yes!! That was my weak spot!! I left half an hour early

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭claryfray

MomijiHime wrote: »
    yes

Yes I did too and I got a jig for the listening but I've heard a lot of people got a reel :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement