Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 million!

Options
  • 19-06-2013 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

Its probably not the most debate inspiring graphic, but if you were chatting to a client about speed and the pace of change - its a real 'takeaway'**

Basically, it's the length of time it took various media/mediums to be adopted by 50 million people. Staggering stuff

**I should be shot with balls of my own sh1te for using language like that. I'll be discussing 'firesides' or 'town-halls' next - forgive me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

That's fairly flawed. It doesn't take in to account population, time or existing userbase. That and it's comparing free services that don't cost anything (if you've an internet connection) to devices and new technologies which were very expensive back when they were launched.

You can't compare a completely new technology like TV launched in the early 20th century to an iPad. It's completely different.

Or when it comes to internet services, Facebook started from scratch. Google+ had the benefit of Google's massive userbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

No, its about adoption not populations etc. Think of it this way, there was a point when radio was 'new technology' as was 'television'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

It is wrong. The Internet took a lot longer to reach the 50 million mark. It is probably printed on droolproof electrons for the "technology journalists" so they will run it without question. The figures for 'radio' look dodgy too.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

I have to say i agree with Jmcc although the metric of what the person may be saying may be true in my opinion but those figures may not be all that accurate... definitely food for thought on how adoption has improved

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 seva42413

there are a lot of changes these days..:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement