Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing voltage on Ego-T Batteries

Options
  • 19-06-2013 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

So, I've been looking at reviews for clearomzers, atty's and carto's over the last few days/weeks on youtube and all of them have alluded to the fact that you can change the voltage on your battery to get a more favourable throat hit for yourself. I've not been able to find tutorials on how you do this or whether it's even possible on Ego batteries but I bet somebody here knows. Care to help a fella out???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

No, you need an eGo Twist or Vision Spinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

There are 2 ego t's. The old small one or the newer large one which you take the battery out of the housing. The older one can be set to unregulated mode. That means it starts off at 4.2v and drops to3.6v as the battery decreases.
    You do this by clicking the button 5 times to turn it off, then hold the button for about 10 seconds, the switch should flash orange 3 times, click it 5 times again to turn it back on, it should now be set in unregulated mode.
    Repeat this to turn it back to regulated mode, a constant 3.3v.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Oooops.....didn't know that myself. Thanks Mr. Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Green Hornet .. you're fired

You did an amazing job and we're proud of you

Now go

Go on get out of here

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    There are 2 ego t's. The old small one or the newer large one which you take the battery out of the housing. The older one can be set to unregulated mode. That means it starts off at 4.2v and drops to3.6v as the battery decreases.
    You do this by clicking the button 5 times to turn it off, then hold the button for about 10 seconds, the switch should flash orange 3 times, click it 5 times again to turn it back on, it should now be set in unregulated mode.
    Repeat this to turn it back to regulated mode, a constant 3.3v.

Can you take that battery out fully? I've to replace a wire in one tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

jamie72 wrote: »
    Can you take that battery out fully? I've to replace a wire in one tomorrow?

Not sure tbh. Joyetech have an ego t that is identical to the ego c and an 18650 and 18350 tube mod that is also called the ego t. I presume the op is talking about the first one because I havent seen or heard anyone talking about the tube version here.

Advertisement