Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing a warning

Options
  • 19-06-2013 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭

I got a yellow card warning for this post yesterday.

I don't feel that the post warrants a warning considering I was trying to get the OP back into the conversation. The mod note mentions that my post was 'unhelpful' yet there were far more unhelpful posts before and after my post in the thread and to me it looks like there was a severe inconsistency in the modding of the thread, which descended into a complete train wreck. I reported posts from the thread twice before it was closed (I reported my own deliberately as a way of flagging attention to the thread) yet it was still open and getting progressively more off topic 5 hours later.

In my opinion there were mod inconsistencies in that anyone who disagreed with the OP seems to have been either yellow carded, red carded or banned, yet the OP appears to have a sock puppet come along which gets banned for a month. The post i was warned for was called unhelpful when all i was doing was questioning why a poster told another poster to Mind Your Own Business.

I have already been in contact with the mod and they have not rescinded the card. Can a CMod have a look please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have spoken with the OP and this can now be marked resolved, thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement