Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Eagles appreciation thread.

Options
  • 19-06-2013 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

OK first off, I love the Eagles, HOWEVER I fully understand why people don’t like them (Money /Lawyers etc) …..and these aspects are quite disgusting.

So before you all start posting pics of the Dude with “I fcuking hate the Eagles Man!!” written beneath it, try and keep this threadfor “appreciating the Eagles” and their tunes.

And hey some the nasty some stuff is pretty damnentertaining!!!

To quote MoeSzyslak: (To Homer re: The Rapture)
    “I was wondering if youcould help me save my soul. I've done stuff I ain't proud of. And the stuff thatI am proud of, it’s pretty disgusting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Remember The Eagles also means Joe Walsh....
    who is one of the coolest and funniest fcukers in Rock:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I read Don Felder's book "Heaven and Hell" a while back, great read. Henley and Frey don't come out of it well at all. Having said that, The End Of The Innocence is a fantastic album.

blastman wrote: »
    I read Don Felder's book "Heaven and Hell" a while back, great read. Henley and Frey don't come out of it well at all. Having said that, The End Of The Innocence is a fantastic album.

Sounds good. Yeah I know people who know people who met Glen Frey.
    Wouldn't let them take a snap with a Miami Dolphins jersey on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Check out Joe Walsh's solo stuff. Some really cool stuff there. "Life's been good", "Funk 49" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Got into the Eagles via my husband who is a massive fan. Great live act, probably one of the best I've seen. But totally agree with Seachto7, Joe Walsh's sole work is excellent and, imho, better than the Eagles themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Top band. Don't care what anyone says.

The Eagles would be more "pop" sounding than Joe Walsh, whose stuff is a little more "rockier" than a lot of The Eagles stuff.
    I saw The Eagles in 94 or 95 in the RDS. Brilliant gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Joe's latest album, Analog Man, is well worth checking out....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I prefer Creedance, man.

I prefer Creedance, man.

Different style altogether imo. Grittier feel to their stuff which was equally as class....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I first started work in 1977 and after 6 months in the job, I took out my first bank loan. This was to buy a new stereo and I also bought Hotel California that day.

I brought the separate stereo components home, connected them up, and put on Hotel California. To this day I can still vividly remember the fantastic sound from that stereo as the opening bars of Hotel California came out of those speakers.

I loved that album then and still do to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

seachto7 wrote: »
    Different style altogether imo. Grittier feel to their stuff which was equally as class....

whooosh. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I've seen them four times here since the hell freezes over tour and they only get better. Have a watch of the history of the eagles which was released recently, well worth a look. Strong rumours that Bernie will return for the next tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I prefer Creedance, man.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY CAB!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Inspector Dhar

When I was about 15, - 30 something years ago - I wrote a letter to the Eagles. I can't remember what the address was - somewhere in California - but I found it on the Greatest Hits album. My letter invited them to come to Ireland to play a concert, and if they were stuck for a bed for the night, they could always stay at my house. Sadly, they never replied.

whooosh. :D

:(;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Always liked them. Did anyone see that BBC documentary on them the other week? There was two episodes I think, only saw the second one which was good. Regarding the Don Felder thing, Frey and Henley put forward a deal where they got a higher percentage than the rest of the band. Felder was the only one who didn't agree to it. He didn't like the atmosphere either at the time. The band didn't have a good camaraderie on the tour before he was kicked out.

Slightly off point but worth a watch

(Also Ian Anderson is brilliant, and a gentleman!!)

Oh btw, does anyone know where You can get Eagles Demos, they are so notoriously note perfect for album to live performance that it would be nice to hear the tunes in different formats etc....

This is good............

Bernie's return confirmed, we should see them play here next year.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/eagles-bernie-leadon-returns-for-tour/

• Advertisement

rednik wrote: »
    Bernie's return confirmed, we should see them play here next year.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/eagles-bernie-leadon-returns-for-tour/[/QUOTE]

That's great, I love Bernie Leadon.

See him nowadays, looks like he'd batter the rest of the band, (no lawsuits, just slaps!!)

Also this means that there's more songs to add.

Wasn't aware Randy Meisner wasn't well :(
    He would be my favourite vocalist, and again it would greatly increase the live set if he re-joined. :)

Here's the set list from the first concert at the w/end, a lot of older classics. Hopefully not too many changes by the time they hit Europe.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-set-lists-2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

when they play live or tour do they all have seperate dressing rooms and planes ???. why do they dislike each other.

Will prob never get a chance to see them live

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    when they play live or tour do they all have seperate dressing rooms and planes ???. why do they dislike each other.

Will prob never get a chance to see them live

They played here 3 nights last year tickets were €100 so I didn't bother but if they can get away with that in this country you can be sure Ireland would be one of the top places to hit; They wrapped up touring in July so they already have the feet up and they gave no indication they were done and dusted I reckon they'll be back around again for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Took me a while, fully converted. Joe Walsh is slick. Henley's drum sound is oh so smooth. Vocal perfection.

Advertisement