Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ext HDD Streaming Via Xbox

Options
  • 19-06-2013 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

I have been using an Xbox to stream content to an upstairs TV from the HDD on my PC (Win 7 Ultimate) for years without issue. Recently I’ve become a victim of the age old problem of the lack of storage space on my internal drives, so I connected a 1TB External Drive to my PC and shared it out to the Xbox, all was working just fine but I’m encountering a problem regarding the Xbox seeing the Ext drive once it has been disconnected and re-connected, sometimes it sees it and some times it doesn’t…

I go through the pain of restarting the PC and the Xbox from cold and whatever I do it eventually sees the drive again. I’m not sure what the sequence to get it right is? I have a drive letter permanently assigned to the Ext drive so that’s not the issue.
    I remove the Ext drive from time to time to swap content back and forth with a friend and the issue only arises when I re-connect the drive.

Is it possible that the share is getting lost once the drive gets removed even though it shows as shared in the library properties of Windows media player all the time?

Any suggestions as to how to make the XBox see it everytime it gets plugged in?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement