Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 14 for PC not next gen

Options
  • 19-06-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

A has announced that the PC version of FIFA 14 won't use the new game engine...

EA has been very keen to talk about its new Ignite gameicon1.png engine, which is set to power the majority of its sporting titles on next gen, and the tech does look very promising. However, PC owners looking forward to a next gen FIFA may miss out on this advancement, at least for now.
    Talking to Polygon, EA Sports exec, Andrew Wilson, stated that the majority of FIFA fans' gaming PCs out in the marketplace are not able to cope with the new engine.
    "Even though there were some PCs on the marketplace that could run that engine, the lion's share of PCs on the marketplace could not,” he said.
    "The majority of the gamer base that was playing the game on PC did not have a PC spec that would work with that."
    He promised that, once PC specifications were higher as standard an Ignite version of FIFA for the PC would be released, but it would appear that now isn't the time, and PC owners will have to make do with a stripped down version of the footy title.
    FIFA 14 will be released on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on September 27, with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions arriving later in the year.

Comments

Not surprised about this, the PC was getting shafted with the PS2 version up until FIFA 11.

I switched to PC at xmas after selling my PS3 and having a rig powerful enough to play 13.

On the basis of that experience alone I was going to switch back to console later this year(the E400 starting point for PS4 swayed me, I had paid E600 for a second hand PS3 in 07 and wasn't going to pay that high again).

Ultimate Team is a right off.... players cost far too much, the league format is full of coin farmers(you'd find a real player 1:20 tries, apart from that you're tabbing out to end connection or else you'll lose a round of contracts when the game disconnects before KO), clubs community is pretty small meaning the mode can't be enjoyed in comparison to console.

Add to that you can't get Tiger Woods etc... PC isn't a great home for a sports games enthusiast like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I actually like 13 on the PC, although I dopnt play UT but enjoy seasons.

Advertisement