Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 14 for PC not next gen

• 19-06-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

A has announced that the PC version of FIFA 14 won't use the new game engine...

EA has been very keen to talk about its new Ignite gameicon1.png engine, which is set to power the majority of its sporting titles on next gen, and the tech does look very promising. However, PC owners looking forward to a next gen FIFA may miss out on this advancement, at least for now.
    Talking to Polygon, EA Sports exec, Andrew Wilson, stated that the majority of FIFA fans' gaming PCs out in the marketplace are not able to cope with the new engine.
    "Even though there were some PCs on the marketplace that could run that engine, the lion's share of PCs on the marketplace could not,” he said.
    "The majority of the gamer base that was playing the game on PC did not have a PC spec that would work with that."
    He promised that, once PC specifications were higher as standard an Ignite version of FIFA for the PC would be released, but it would appear that now isn't the time, and PC owners will have to make do with a stripped down version of the footy title.
    FIFA 14 will be released on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on September 27, with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions arriving later in the year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

+1 for console gamers :P i troll i troll my bad

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Its only the last couple of years that Fifa on PC even used the current gen engine. No surprise really.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That sounds like total horse-sh1t to me. They're so invested in the console markets that of course they're gonna come out with this sorta nonsense so make sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

A has announced that the PC version of FIFA 14 won't use the new game engine...

EA has been very keen to talk about its new Ignite gameicon1.png engine, which is set to power the majority of its sporting titles on next gen, and the tech does look very promising. However, PC owners looking forward to a next gen FIFA may miss out on this advancement, at least for now.
    Talking to Polygon, EA Sports exec, Andrew Wilson, stated that the majority of FIFA fans' gaming PCs out in the marketplace are not able to cope with the new engine.
    "Even though there were some PCs on the marketplace that could run that engine, the lion's share of PCs on the marketplace could not,” he said.
    "The majority of the gamer base that was playing the game on PC did not have a PC spec that would work with that."
    He promised that, once PC specifications were higher as standard an Ignite version of FIFA for the PC would be released, but it would appear that now isn't the time, and PC owners will have to make do with a stripped down version of the footy title.
    FIFA 14 will be released on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on September 27, with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions arriving later in the year.

So I guess PC is shiet at making Balls rounder. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The master race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    +1 for console gamers :P i troll i troll my bad

Next-gen console owners only.

Current-gen getting current engine.

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Next-gen console owners only.

Current-gen getting current engine.

il be playing it on next gen
    next gen still a console
    lighten up MOD :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

If i was to buy fifa it'd have been on console anyway so no big deal, i doubt there's much difference anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    il be playing it on next gen
    next gen still a console
    lighten up MOD :pac:

I'm more of a rocker really :D

🤪

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Likely won't be getting this so. Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Magill wrote: »
    If i was to buy fifa it'd have been on console anyway so no big deal, i doubt there's much difference anyway.

there will be a difference when the change the engine in FIFA it makes a large difference

but either way meh ill still play the pc version there is some great mods for it and the engine on fifa 13 is pretty good when you change some settings

and i also play at a higher resolution than 1080 ball roundness is not an issue for me

and i may even see what PES is doing this year :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Magill wrote: »

I'd be the same sports/racing games on console,FPS's/RTS on PC.And as for EA saying the engine cant be run on the majority of PC's ,what a crock of sh1te!

I've read the Fifa on PC sells well in some of the worlds poorer regions and its the average spec of PC in those regions that they base their engine decision on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I'm sure PC enthusiasts will be totally receptive to this move. ;)

Ironic that the average PC spec is now what's holding up the deployment of game tech, rather than outdated console hardware. Those that abandoned 'ancient' consoles in favour of a platform they can keep up to date with bleeding edge tech must be spinning in their PC Gaming Grave™.

Also, how large does EA expect the next gen install base for Fifa 14 to be?

Azza wrote: »
    I've read the Fifa on PC sells well in some of the worlds poorer regions and its the average spec of PC in those regions that they base their engine decision on.

In countries that would have a large pc player base (korea) they have Fifa Online which is very popular and probably makes more money for them than regular fifa on pc in the west

The countries I read about where South American like Brazil and if I remember Russia was another region as well. Its been a few years since I read the article though.
    Fnz wrote:
    Ironic that the average PC spec is now what's holding up the deployment of game tech, rather than outdated console hardware. Those that abandoned 'ancient' consoles in favour of a platform they can keep up to date with bleeding edge tech must be spinning in their PC Gaming Grave™.

Fifa is an exception. They gave the same reason for not using the current gen engine until Fifa 11 on PC. Four year 4 wait for PC players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Fnz wrote: »
    I'm sure PC enthusiasts will be totally receptive to this move. ;)

Also, how large does EA expect the next gen install base for Fifa 14 to be?
    He doesn't say what the specs are interestingly enough. Considering a PC can render an entire island with a war going on in ARMA it seems strange they can't make a game where a couple of lads kick a bag of wind around a field.

Azza wrote: »
    The countries I read about where South American like Brazil and if I remember Russia was another region as well. Its been a few years since I read the article though.

ya i honestly dont know to much about those regions but it does make sense. and they do have a point about the majority of fifa players on pc dont have the required specs for ignite and Fifa 13 would run on a potato.

but it would be nice to see them put in a dual mode like a lot of games did with DX9/11 as porting to PC is a lot easier and it wouldnt cost them billions since FIFA is typically a straight port from consoles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Can pre-order fifa 14 on PC for 34.99 buy it on console for what 59.99? 25 euro for changes which i cant imagine would be worth that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭ow9654

I don't know a single pc gamer who plays Fifa on pc
    I got it one year though 2009 I believe (long re sold now)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

ow9654 wrote: »
    I don't know a single pc gamer who plays Fifa on pc
    I got it one year though 2009 I believe (long re sold now)

Its a shame I got fifa 13 on sale for PC didnt see any difference in it towards consoles. can get it cheaper aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭ow9654

Nolars wrote: »
    Its a shame I got fifa 13 on sale for PC didnt see any difference in it towards consoles. can get it cheaper aswell.

Yeah, PC gamers tend to go for shooter or strategy it seems, though i do have a PS3, I would play FIFA on that

Advertisement