Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good shellac, reasonably priced, in south dublin, preferably?

• 19-06-2013 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for a nail bar in south dublin that does a good shellac manicure? The last two I've gotten done didn't even last a week (one started peeling and chipping the next day!)....am getting rightly sick of trying places and getting shoddy work, so I thought I'd suss out here for a recommendation. I had it done in the US when i was on hols there recently, it was cheap as chips (~€17), really quick, and lasted well into the third week. *le sigh* i think they're not prepping the nail well enough here and not curing it long enough under the lamp...

Anyone getting it done anywhere they're really happy with? And getting the two weeks?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I've been getting mine done recently in Body Craft in Dublin 8 and getting a good 2+ weeks out of it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I get mine done at 5th Avenue on Wicklow St. I got two minor chips in the second week that were small enough to just be filed down. After that that were perfect until the third week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Goblindancer

wow, quick replies! Thanks so much

gonna try one of those...whichever is easier for me to get to....

I'll report back ;)

thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭paudgenator

Any more feedback? How did you fare Goblindancer? I too am looking for recommendations :)

Haven't gone yet! Going to 5th ave on Saturday. Been a busy time. The nails are truly a disgrace this week!!! Will report after :)

• Advertisement

Went yesterday. Got the french shellac. Very nice manicurist, competent technique and didn't take too long - 45 mins approx for removal and french polish shellac. So, good experience at the salon...

And it's not lifting or chipping on day 1, so that makes it better than some other places already...!

Let's see how long I get! Have to say, I'm optimistic. I feel things are looking good.

Advertisement