Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There's a bird in my stove what am I gonna do?

• 19-06-2013 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭

My ma rang me there to say a bird came down the chimney and is now relaxing inside the stove looking out at her. She actually said the bird was flapping around inside it with fear. Any ideas on how to get him out?

My own idea is to remove anything from the sitting room that's easily broken, close the door, open the windows as wide as possible, let the stove door open and then hope the bird finds his way out.

Any better idea?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Only thing I can think of is to get a sheet or towel and wrap around stove front, open door and catch it in the towel/sheet, bring outside quickly to release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

mymo wrote: »
    Only thing I can think of is to get a sheet or towel and wrap around stove front, open door and catch it in the towel/sheet, bring outside quickly to release.

I tried this but I wasn't quick enough so the bird flew directly at the window and flapped around for a while. He sat on the window sill and I caught him there with the blanket and ran outside with him. Thanks for the suggestion buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I know someone who did as your suggesting and had to repaint the room as the bird flew int every wall and ceiling leaving dreadful soot everywhere.

It happened us and I threw a sheet across the stove. Opened the door and the bird flew into it.
    Brought sheet outside and released it. The sheet was destroyed with soot.

And we had a chimney guard fitted.

I'm gonna fix that bird that's what I'm gonna do,
    I'm gonna fix that bird.

Anybody ??

I would go with the sheet too, make sure that the bird doesnt drop as it might once it hits the sheet.

Advertisement