Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i top up my ready to go electric on line

Options
  • 19-06-2013 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

can i top up the ready to go on line and how do i get the emergency credit i tried pressing buton to silence warning alarm thats its low but it kept buzzing , will emergency credir be applied

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Kate,

When the credit drops to €3, a beep will sound for approximately two minutes. This is to alert the customer to top up. To silence the beep, just press any button on the keypad and you will automatically secure €5 emergency credit. This beep will be repeated every 30 minutes (but not between the hours of 10pm and 8am) until a top-up payment code is entered.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

kate291066 wrote: »
    can i top up the ready to go on line
    No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Sorry Kate, I had intended to advise also regarding your question as to whether online top-up is possible. Thanks Cushie Butterfield for responding. :)

As Cushie Butterfield says, online top-up of a keypad meter is not available - it can only be purchased at a Payzone/PayPoint retailer.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kate291066

Hi Kate,

When the credit drops to €3, a beep will sound for approximately two minutes. This is to alert the customer to top up. To silence the beep, just press any button on the keypad and you will automatically secure €5 emergency credit. This beep will be repeated every 30 minutes (but not between the hours of 10pm and 8am) until a top-up payment code is entered.

Regards,
    Una
    Hi Una, thanks for your reply,when i noticed the credit had gone below 3 euro when the alarm went off again i pressed it to stop but it just kept ringing the emergency credit didnt come in either, does it have to be at 3 euro in order to get the emergency top up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Kate,

With Keypad meters, they doesn't always give notification that they're going into the emergency credit. Sometimes if you run out of top-up, the emergency credit is used automatically and without warning.

If you have followed the instructions above but you are still receiving a warning alarm then the meter might have ran out of both top-up and emergency credit. In this case, the buzzing won't stop until a top-up is entered so I would recommend topping up as soon as you get a chance.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

Kind regards,

Aoife

• Advertisement
Advertisement