Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing a repeat

Options
  • 19-06-2013 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

If you fail a repeat what happens? i also have to repeat a seperate module...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

Usually you will have to repeat the module. They will sometimes make exceptions depending on your circumstances, so I would talk to your lecturer/course co-coordinator/head of school.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tullycross

would i be allowed into second year though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

Get in touch with the people mentioned in my previous post. In some cases you can carry a subject i.e you will progress to second year but repeat the failed module at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

Yes is does appear that you can progress to the next stage of your course see below. It's called repeat carrying.

Repeat Carrying

As a Repeat Carry you have been granted permission to progress to the next stage of your programme while carrying an outstanding module(s). You must pass the outstanding module(s) before the completion of the next stage of your programme.
    The Fee for carrying repeats is €100. This fee will be attached to your student record and you will receive a giro from Student Services.

Source:http://www.dit.ie/examinations/aungierstreet/repeatstudents/

Advertisement