Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottling my Brewferm with pics

Options
  • 19-06-2013 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

I made this on friday the 7th june , brewferm grand cru x2 9ltr kits with 3 tins of golden syrup,safele t-33 o.g 1072 f.g 1012 8%ish without priming

Bottled it today a bit cloudy ? batch primed 180 g Dextrose its what kit called for 90g for each 9 ltr i brewed to 22ltr hence extra tin of syrup.

Belgians are supposed to be lively i read , i hope theres no bombs:eek:

I got 68 330 ml Bottles gonna leave till Christmas .

All bottles ready on tree, Best purchase so far it takes bottling pain away,Starsan Bottle rinser onto tree
    pkg0.jpg

Fermenter nice and high ,keeps a nice flow
    uq2p.jpg

I extend bottle wand with 1.5metre flexi pipe , its so much easier
    krnc.jpg

I sanitize caps wit spray bottle ,Starsan mix both sides
    2xyt.jpg

I got 68 330 ml Bottles gonna leave till Christmas .
    gfb6.jpg

Now waiting for Brewferm Diabolo and MYBK ,Wheat to finish

Michael

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭3dsteel

Nice pictures, thanks for posting :)

I use a similar system; tube onto bottle wand. It speeds things up alright.

One tip, I took the spring out of the tip of the wand. That way you don't have to push down on the wand to keep it flowing, the weight of the wand will keep the valve open. When you lift up the wand the pressure of the beer in the tube will close the valve again. I think the beer flows a little faster without the spring too, although this might be my imagination?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

3dsteel wrote: »
    I use a similar system; tube onto bottle wand. It speeds things up alright.

One tip, I took the spring out of the tip of the wand. That way you don't have to push down on the wand to keep it flowing, the weight of the wand will keep the valve open. When you lift up the wand the pressure of the beer in the tube will close the valve again. lows a little faster without the spring too,

thanks for the tip must try that ,anything that speeds things up is a help , i put up the pics just to help users who are new to brewing & bottling.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Good illustrative guide. They are always useful.

I have sometimes noticed that a siphon tube with no attachments will flow faster.

But nothing beats beer coming from a height. I cant effectively get more than about 3 feet with my kitchen setup, the first beers rush out, the last leisurely flow out.

sharingan wrote: »
    Good illustrative guide. They are always useful.

Thanks ,

i am going to do another one soon , on a Russian Imperial Stout (RIS),i plan on making for Christmas , should be good it involves 2 kits .i am collecting ingredients at the moment.

Opened a bottle on Friday , Nice Caramel taste with kind of fruitiness / raisin quite good , its for Christmas so coming along nicely

http://imageshack.us/a/img585/2879/w36w.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement