Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hunter's School Jumpers

• 19-06-2013 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi, I'm going in to 4th year this year and in my school, there are two different jumpers. A sky blue jumper for the junior certs and a navy jumper for leaving certs.

My mom bought me a small size navy jumper. It was too big for me so we went back to the shop for an extra small size. They said that they don't have any in stock as the manufacture of the jumper (Hunter) doesn't make extra small sizes. My mom thought this was absurd but there was nothing we could do.

We went back home with the small jumper. I looked up hunter's website and it seems like they make primary school uniforms as well and I don't get why they don't make extra small sizes for secondary school uniforms.

There are skinny and petite students in my year and I was just wondering how are they going to wear a jumper that big?

What am I supposed to do?

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,473 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Is there a crest on your jumper? Can it be bought seperately?

Your options are to buy a plain navy school jumper in a different shop and use that, (and maybe stitch on the crest if possible)

Or wear the jumper that's too big.

If it is a crested jumper, and because it's for senior years, it would be reasonable to expect that small would be the smallest needed. And that there wouldn't be much demand for an extra small.

Is the small one really that big on you that it looks ridiculous? There's often not a huge (pardon the pun!) difference between xsmall and small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

Is there a crest on your jumper? Can it be bought seperately?

Your options are to buy a plain navy school jumper in a different shop and use that, (and maybe stitch on the crest if possible)

Or wear the jumper that's too big.

If it is a crested jumper, and because it's for senior years, it would be reasonable to expect that small would be the smallest needed. And that there wouldn't be much demand for an extra small.

Is the small one really that big on you that it looks ridiculous? There's often not a huge (pardon the pun!) difference between xsmall and small.
    Yes a crest is needed. My mom said there's no point sewing on the crest, over time it won't look as nice as before. The jumper is needed for 3 years. It isn't too big but the jumper will begin to stretch after many times of washing which will begin to look very big..

• Administrators Posts: 14,473 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

It shouldn't stretch. I have Hunters jumpers and cardigans for my kids who are still in primary. They are exellent quality. And have still kept their shape, even after a couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Just on the hunter jumpers are they drier friendly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

wher do you get hunter jumpers? sry if sound like a silly question, it would be 1st year for my kid to go to school and have no idea where to buy school dresses from and how many.....GOD :l

• Advertisement
Advertisement