Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clamping - Car clamped with a disabled badge

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Luca T wrote: »
    Your damn right corktina I have no shame when it comes to clampers
    Actually, you seem to have no shame full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Haha I did not, I did give him back the other 3 that were in my boot though because he was so nice...

Bad move OP.. you're now opening yourself up to (assuming you cut/otherwise damaged these other clamps taking them off) other action now if they feel like it.

Fair play to the clamper letting you off, but I wouldn't have said anything about the other clamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Anan1 wrote: »

Give it a rest will you? Your sanctimonious posts get tiring after a while :rolleyes:

Good result in the end OP, common sense won the day. If it was a public parking spot you would have been exempt from pay parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Bad move OP.. you're now opening yourself up to (assuming you cut/otherwise damaged these other clamps taking them off) other action now if they feel like it.

Fair play to the clamper letting you off, but I wouldn't have said anything about the other clamps.

I also wouldnt be carrying them around in my boot. Why would you want all that extra weight in your car needlessly? :confused:

cpoh1 wrote: »
    Give it a rest will you? Your sanctimonious posts get tiring after a while :rolleyes:
    Still upset about that ban, are we? Get over it.

• Advertisement

Still upset about that ban, are we? Get over it.

Why yes of course, my 800 posts compared to your quite staggering 20,000 odd in the same period 7 year period would suggest that I actually have a life outside of the internet. It seems you get quick the kick out of living through your internet persona and insulting people from a computer screen.

My advise, get out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Kaiser2000 wrote: »

Am I the only one who assumed he was joking?

Why yes of course, my 800 posts compared to your quite staggering 20,000 odd in the same period 7 year period would suggest that I actually have a life outside of the internet. It seems you get quick the kick out of living through your internet persona and insulting people from a computer screen.

My advise, get out more.
    You deserved the ban, and it was three years ago. Like I said, get over it.

I did too!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭josip

Sorry, slow day. The OP handed back 3 cut up clamps to a clamper?

That's like telling the cop who'll let you off with speeding that you have a dead body in the boot.

• Advertisement

josip wrote: »
    Sorry, slow day. The OP handed back 3 cut up clamps to a clamper?

That's like telling the cop who'll let you off with speeding that you have a dead body in the boot.
    The OP was trying to be funny.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

A pint is only a fiver?

Dont be stingy!

You deserved the ban, and it was three years ago. Like I said, get over it.

I dont know why I bother but here we go anyway:

Im fairly sure im not the only one who thinks most of your posts are condescending, aimed at insulting posters and generally holier than thou with no real aim other than unleashing some of your miserable mood onto others. While they may not directly violate a charter/rule bla bla bla it is the general tone of your messages, maybe just give it a rest and only post if you have something constructive or helpful to say?

I would put you on ignore but im not on here enough (unlike you!) to figure out how to do it. Good day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

It's a parking fine. 120 euro. He got the benefit of the doubt, god knows you've done nothing "shameful" in your life, get a grip

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

mitosis wrote: »
    You have a permit to use a disabled space. It doesn't entitle you to park anywhere else, regardless of the unavailability of a designated disabled space. Nothing wrong with the clamper's morals, they did their job as instructed by the property owner.

You're both right and wrong. Yes, the clamped was doing his job. But there's plenty wrong with his morals.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭josip

EazyD wrote: »
    It's a parking fine. 120 euro. He got the benefit of the doubt, god knows you've done nothing "shameful" in your life, get a grip

Anan1 was trying to be funny

I would put you on ignore but im not on here enough (unlike you!) to figure out how to do it. Good day!
    Here you go: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/what_is_ignorelist

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I did too!

Possibly my bad then! :) Could be that I haven't had lunch yet or the lack of the giveaway ;) or :p or :pac: at the end of his post that I need for such things on a Friday afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Warnings handed out.Bans will be next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Warnings handed out.Bans will be next

If I get a ban, it'll take me at least 3 years to get over it according to Anan1 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,278 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

This post has been deleted.

You're a couple of days too late and he got declamped without a fee so no need to cut it off...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 plainlazy

OK folks, while i have ye here on the subject of parking fines/clamping, ive a bit of a dilemma myself regarding a parking ticket and need some advice as im appealing the fine. I recently parked on a certain residential street in Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown council area on a friday morning shortly after 9am. I went to ticket machine to buy ticket and noticed i could buy an all day ticket (0800 - 1700) for 5 euro. Great i thought, seems good value. Directly across the street a parking sign indicated the hours of 0800 to 1700 that are required to be covered by a paid up ticket. I was parked about 20 metres away from sign on other side of street but noticed another sign about 20 metres past my car on my side of street and so decided to check it just in case it was different. This sign indicated same hours of parking but had some other info included, however this other info was covered over with some white sticky labels. It turns out this extra info indicated a 3 hour parking restriction, however this was not apparent to me at the time. Of course i returned later that day to find a parking fine attached to my car for 40 euro for overstaying my parking. I sent in an appeal stating that their sign failed to indicate the 3 hour restriction as it was covered over with white labels and i assumed it had been amended (temporarily with labels until a replacement sign is fitted) to coincide with the parking restrictions on other side of street. I also sent in photos of the amended sign.
    Their reply was typically moronic. They simply stated that the onus is on the driver to check the signage for parking restrictions and pay/park accordingly and therefore demanded the 40 euro be paid or else!!! They completely ignored my point that i DID check the sign and sent them photographic proof.
    To add insult to injury 3 days later i got a reminder to pay up within the allowed time period (4 weeks) despite the fact they state that any appeal time will extend the payment period. Im allowed to reappeal which i will do. Im thinking of getting legal advice on this as theyve really pissed me off with their attitude. Does anyone think ive a case for non payment?? Incidently the 3 hour restriction was indicated in Irish and not covered but i genuinely gave it no attention as i dont speak or understand our native lingo unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

If I get a ban, it'll take me at least 3 years to get over it according to Anan1 :pac:

Take a week off so.

plainlazy wrote: »
    OK folks, while i have ye here on the subject of parking fines/clamping, ive a bit of a dilemma myself regarding a parking ticket and need some advice as im appealing the fine. I recently parked on a certain residential street in Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown council area on a friday morning shortly after 9am. I went to ticket machine to buy ticket and noticed i could buy an all day ticket (0800 - 1700) for 5 euro. Great i thought, seems good value. Directly across the street a parking sign indicated the hours of 0800 to 1700 that are required to be covered by a paid up ticket. I was parked about 20 metres away from sign on other side of street but noticed another sign about 20 metres past my car on my side of street and so decided to check it just in case it was different. This sign indicated same hours of parking but had some other info included, however this other info was covered over with some white sticky labels. It turns out this extra info indicated a 3 hour parking restriction, however this was not apparent to me at the time. Of course i returned later that day to find a parking fine attached to my car for 40 euro for overstaying my parking. I sent in an appeal stating that their sign failed to indicate the 3 hour restriction as it was covered over with white labels and i assumed it had been amended (temporarily with labels until a replacement sign is fitted) to coincide with the parking restrictions on other side of street. I also sent in photos of the amended sign.
    Their reply was typically moronic. They simply stated that the onus is on the driver to check the signage for parking restrictions and pay/park accordingly and therefore demanded the 40 euro be paid or else!!! They completely ignored my point that i DID check the sign and sent them photographic proof.
    To add insult to injury 3 days later i got a reminder to pay up within the allowed time period (4 weeks) despite the fact they state that any appeal time will extend the payment period. Im allowed to reappeal which i will do. Im thinking of getting legal advice on this as theyve really pissed me off with their attitude. Does anyone think ive a case for non payment?? Incidently the 3 hour restriction was indicated in Irish and not covered but i genuinely gave it no attention as i dont speak or understand our native lingo unfortunately.
    I had a similar-ish situation with DLRCOCO last year - appealed a fine and got a letter of refusal that didn't even reference my grounds for appeal. I appealed the appeal and the ticket was cancelled. From memory, it's a different guy who does the second round appeals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 plainlazy

Interesting, ill definitely reappeal, if the parking sign was clear there would be no problem, perhaps if the signs were checked as often as parked cars there wouldnt be an issue

Advertisement