Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atkins Hall

Options
  • 19-06-2013 3:58pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, I know there's been threads on this area in the past but they're quite out of date now. Does anyone live in Atkins Hall, and would you recommend it? I'm consistently hearing that they're freezing apartments due to the high ceilings and original windows. I'd love to hear some pros and cons about living there. Please feel free to PM me if you don't want to publicly answer :).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Those the ones on the Lee Road?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

gimmick wrote: »
    Those the ones on the Lee Road?

Yup. The old Our Lady's Hospital/Eglinton Lunatic Asylum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

My sister was looking at an apartment there and ta she said even while looking it was cold. The rents there are low for that reason.

Plus there are ghosts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

My friends are loving there for the past few weeks and they've found it ok. They have said it's a bit cold. They only started paying bills this week so they're not sure how much it'll cost to run the heating. But for price I say it's worth it.

Advertisement