Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

13 days in Croatia

• 19-06-2013 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Well, 15 - but two of those are travel. Heading in July to Split - and flying home from Dubrovnik.

Plan is to visit islands inbetween, we're a couple in mid 20's - want to do plenty of activities and such , and some nightlife along the way would be good.

How long would people recommend spending in Split and Dubrovnik? And which islands are must see?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭ffm

Taken from another forum.

I can't recommend Croatia highly enough. Absolutely stunning looking country & it's very cheap out there. Fly to Split & get the ferry to Brač & Hvar. Trust me, it's a holiday you won't forget in a hurry. Supposedly, Hvar is one of the top 10 most beautiful places on the planet. (Or at least it was when we were there)

Seriously thinking about going back next year but am undecided as we don't want to start to get sick of it.
    Great thanks, will look at that. Brac and Hvar were on my radar already. Any recommendations on accomodation?
    I don't. Sorry. We didn't have anything booked for the islands. We just arrived off the ferry to Brač & this dude came towards us & asked us did we want accommodation. We said we'd take a look at it 1st & accepted straight away when we saw it. It was literally 60 seconds walk from the port the ferry had docked in. The port was called Supetar & it was absolute heaven. The mountains on the mainland across the water made for an amazing backdrop.

We stayed there for 10 days or so & did day trips if we wanted to get away to Hvar or wherever. Hvar seemed a bit more expensive than Brač if money is an issue. Although we were only there for a day so probably wouldn't be able to make a proper educated guess on the expense of the place. Although when you go in to the port in Hvar you can just tell of the wealth there with the amount huge yachts all over the bay.

I'd say look up apartments as opposed to hotels for accommodation. That would be my preference anyway. I think we checked the hotels when we were there & they seemed a little expensive compared to what we paid for the apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Hi. I was in Croatia for 10 days a few years back and loved it. Regarding how long to spend in the cities - i would say 2 days Dubrovnik and 1 day Split and then get yourselves to the islands. We found a wonderful little island called Vis that a friend had recommended - bt of the beaten track and we found that Croats were holidaying there so we loved it for some quiet time. We also went to Hvar which is great for partying - just watching the amazing yachts pull in was an experience in itself :) Enjoy - it's a really great place to holiday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

Thanks for the replies.

Looking like;

2 Nights in Split, 3 in Brac, 3 in Hvar, 3 in Korcula, 2 in Mljet, 2 in Dubrovnik.... Having read about Vis now, Im thinking of trying to fit it in!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 caution

I was in Korcula, Dubrovnik and Mjlet a few years back. If you were looking to make time for another location, i would say 2 days on korcula would be enough. I was only in Mjlet for a day trip, while there is not alot to do on the island, 1 hotel i believe, it is very relaxing.
    The monastery in the salt water lake is nice and you can have a relaxing swim in the lake. Two nights might be a bit long there but if its quiet relaxtion you are after then that would be the place to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

Appreciate the input, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement