Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants in Dublin for gf's birthday

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

I cannot recommend Sabor Brazil enough. It was simply amazing, read the reviews for yourself.

Number 1 restaurant on trip adviser

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186605-d1829776-Reviews-Sabor_Brazil-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

liffeylite - If you are talking about Eden on Meeting House Square - I think its gone.

There is another Eden on south William street. the one in temple bar has been revamped but it is now called nede. same letters but rearranged. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

liffeylite wrote: »
    There is another Eden on south William street. the one in temple bar has been revamped but it is now called nede. same letters but rearranged. :)

ahhh...very interesting! Thats good to know. Is nede as good as eden?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

ahhh...very interesting! Thats good to know. Is nede as good as eden?

I don't know anyone that's been yet sorry.

But I found a review on the net about it. it is headed up by 2 chefs from Noma in copenhagen - the worlds best restaurant. so I would imagine its fairly decent :D
    http://www.civilianglobal.com/food-and-drink/review-nede-dublin-new-restaurants-in-dublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Nede got a poor review in the Irish Times recently, maybe the've taken on some of the comments since

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/restaurant/review-getting-things-backwards-1.1419123

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

+1 for Bite. Lovely food and cocktails.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Anyone mentioned The Butcher Grill in Ranelagh - great steaks and wine

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Pig's Ear Nassau Street.Good unpretentious food and won't break the bank (much). Savage. Followed by drinks in the Shelbourne :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Fire has been mentioned a few times... I thought the food in there was crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Fire has been mentioned a few times... I thought the food in there was crap.

Agreed, its awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Jev/N wrote: »
    Anyone mentioned The Butcher Grill in Ranelagh - great steaks and wine

Again, it's pretty fantastic with what are probably the best steaks in Dublin, but I wouldn't really put it up there for an intimate meal - There's a (great) busy atmosphere and lots happening, but high seats and tight tables don't always lend themselves to a romantic meal the OP is looking for.
    +1 for Bite. Lovely food and cocktails.
    I've found the food in Bite to be pretty poor, for the price/reputation. The service has been very underwhelming any time I've been in there too.

The menu in Nede looks very dull - I'm a huge Noma fan, so was very excited when I heard it was two former chefs running the kitchen, but the menu looks like the management dosn't get what Noma does, and wants to run with the Chicken/Fish/Steak standard. Disappointing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

chameleon, the farm (dawson and leeson street), 101 talbot.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭daedal

Jimmy Chungs.. Eat until you explode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

I've recommended the Dylan restaurant before on another thread on this forum. Fantastic food and it's a very attractive looking restaurant, for that bit of wow. They have a great terrace you can have drinks on before or after dinner - perfect for a summer's evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Marco Pierre Whites is lovely, as is Rolys Bistro.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Ohhh there are so many!

Sabor Brazil is easily the best restaurant in Dublin, but it's very expensive - €200 for 2 people before drinks! It's a very special treat as a once-off though :)

Dax, Pearl Brasserie, One Pico are all brilliant, Dax being my favourite.
    Roly's is also really nice.

The Saddle Room in the Shelbourne is lovely too - we went there a few years ago and I still remember their seafood plate for starters - it was divine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Paulzx

I also like the food in The Millstone on Dame St - and its not too busy a place or too pricey. The monkfish is super yum.

I'm a fan of the Millstone also. Never had a bad meal there and it's nice and central

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

mcdonalds if she really loves you she will order from the eurosaver menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

JenL wrote: »
    If you're both into steak I can highly recommend Buenos Aires Grill, Golden Lane (near St Patricks Cathedral). It's a bit pricey but the steaks are amazing! You would need to book this soon.
    Or a little further out you've Rolly's in Ballsbridge.

Food upstairs in the church is nice but I think the menu can be a bit limited. If you're looking for a spot of lunch their bar food is lovely.[/

quote] there is a deal on buenos aires grill on grabone or groupon at the moment.cant remember which one

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I love the Winding Stair. Gorgeous food, get a table by the window and watch the world go by on the Quays outside.

• Advertisement
Advertisement