Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown 21st June 2013 *Spoilers/Results*

• 19-06-2013 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭

Source

Daniel Bryan opens SmackDown and talks about how he’s never had a match stopped due to injury like he did on RAW. Bryan says they stopped the match because he is the weakest link. Bryan wants to prove he’s not the weakest link by defeating Randy Orton tonight. Orton comes out and says he helped Bryan up out of respect. Orton says Bryan will have to be stretchered out tonight.

Curtis Axel vs. Wade Barrett and Alberto Del Rio vs. Chris Jericho is announced for tonight.

Sheamus defeated Cody Rhodes with the Cloverleaf submission. After the match, Damien Sandow beats Sheamus down.

Curtis Axel beat Wade Barrett with the Intercontinental Title on the line. The Miz was on commentary.

AJ Lee defeated Natalya.

Backstage segment with Aksana teasing Kaitlyn about AJ’s win. Kaitlyn attacks her and goes crazy until Layla breaks it up.

Alberto Del Rio vs. Chris Jericho ends when Ricardo Rodriguez interferes and Dolph Ziggler attacks Del Rio for the DQ. Del Rio escapes the ring and Jericho hits Ziggler with a Codebreaker. Del Rio comes back to kick Ziggler and pose over him.

Christian defeated Drew McIntyre with Killswitch. After the match, Christian cuts a promo about being back. The Shield enter the ring through the crowd and hit the triple powerbomb on him.

We get a replay of Brock Lesnar attacking CM Punk on RAW. Renee Young interviews Paul Heyman backstage about what happened.

Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton is up next. Orton dominates most of the match. They end up on the floor and Bryan hits a suicide dive. Bryan wins by count out. After the match, Bryan demands that the match be restarted because he didn’t want it to end that way. The referee refuses and that’s the end of SmackDown.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Strange way for this episode to end.

Also I think Layla would want to lay off the smokes. She sounded weird shouting at Kaitlyn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I keep envisioning that one guy sitting at a clandestine creative-meeting, proudly bellowing 'yanno what we've not had in a while?'. Let's call him Dave.

Jim- 'Marketable newbies, a fresher product, booming livegates, increase in sponsorship, no more reliance on part-timers to draw come money-season.................?'

Dave- 'No, wait for it..............a.....COUNT-OUT'

Jim- 'Yes, hello, Vince? Yeah, Dave's just acquired a license to print money'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

What if a count out makes sense in the context of the overall picture they're painting with DB?

What if a count out makes sense in the context of the overall picture they're painting with DB?

It wasn't the point I was making, as much the fact we've gone from virtually 0 to 4 (Axel only has one count-out win, technically) in less than a month (there was Cena/Henry on RAW in April too).

It's slowly replacing the DQ as the face-saving match ender. That and ref-stoppage/attempted ref-stoppage.

I like that they're changing up their finishes, but the diminishing returns are already becoming apparent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    It wasn't the point I was making, as much the fact we've gone from virtually 0 to 4 (Axel only has one count-out win, technically) in less than a month (there was Cena/Henry on RAW in April too).

It's slowly replacing the DQ as the face-saving match ender. That and ref-stoppage/attempted ref-stoppage.

I like that they're changing up their finishes, but the diminishing returns are already becoming apparent.

I can't recall all the recent ones, but the HHH-Axel one made sense in the context of the ensuing HHH/McMahons angles.

Similarly, this Bryan/Orton one makes sense given Bryans current quest to prove himself - a cheap DQ win does not satisfy his ambitions, and it keeps the story ticking along. He can now defeat Orton in a rematch, or lose to a cheating Orton initially before overcoming him in the end.

I agree with your point that any finish loses impact with overuse, but in these cases they weren't DQs just to prevent someone doing the job.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

A likeable show but not on par with previous weeks.

Bryan-Orton was very good however you will probably get the "real" match on Raw. Real as in
    Orton was apparently scripted to lose on Raw last Monday and turn full heel.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I can't recall all the recent ones, but the HHH-Axel one made sense in the context of the ensuing HHH/McMahons angles.

Similarly, this Bryan/Orton one makes sense given Bryans current quest to prove himself - a cheap DQ win does not satisfy his ambitions, and it keeps the story ticking along. He can now defeat Orton in a rematch, or lose to a cheating Orton initially before overcoming him in the end.

I agree with your point that any finish loses impact with overuse, but in these cases they weren't DQs just to prevent someone doing the job.

Axel doesn't actually have a countout win over HHH; it's a TKO via ref-stoppage, and two forfeits/DQ via McMahon-stoppage. My point was more pertaining to the likes of Ambrose/Kane, Cena/Axel (X2), Big Show/Jericho, Big E/Swagger, ADR/Punk and now Bryan/Orton (3 more than my original estimate); all within 5 weeks of television.

I wasn't critiquing Bryan's story either, merely scoping the sudden frequency of a once infrequent finish. The Bryan/Orton saga is something I'm very much enjoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ambrose vs Christian could be great.
    Did WWE seriously call the divas wwe.com summer pictorial beat the heat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »
    A likeable show but not on par with previous weeks.

Bryan-Orton was very good however you will probably get the "real" match on Raw. Real as in
    Orton was apparently scripted to lose on Raw last Monday and turn full heel.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/78428/big-rematch-set-for-raw.html?p=1
    Already booked

Advertisement