Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48 months problem

Options
  • 19-06-2013 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

I know there's threads about 48 but they seem really old so started another to try get feedback.
    I ported from eMobile to 48 Tuesday morning. It seemed to go well. I am connected to 48 network on my unlocked iPhone with 5 bars.
    I topped up €20 and bought their 'Don' package. I have €1.01 credit balance too.
    But since yesterday morning I cannot make or receive calls and can't send or receive texts. Even though I've full coverage and the 48 website shows all the correct info that I described above.
    I raised a ticket at 11am Tuesday minting and I've posted on that ticket a few times as well as their Facebook page.they assure me a techy is looking into it and it could take 3-5 working days but they're usually quicker!!!!!!
    I cannot do without a service till then.
    Anyone any advice or has anyone had the same issue?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

was it your iPhone that was unlocked or did you buy it second hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

godtabh wrote: »
    was it your iPhone that was unlocked or did you buy it second hand?

Bought it on adverts a year ago. It was originally Vodafone. I used it on eMobile and o2. I can connect to the 48 network and when I call a number the 48 girl says this is a number I'm not allowed to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

jarvis wrote: »
    I cannot do without a service till then.

I know it's no good to you now but you get what you pay for.

RangeR wrote: »
    I know it's no good to you now but you get what you pay for.

Yeah but I haven't paid for zero service so I'm not really getting what I pay for. That's knda what I'm disgruntled about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

What I mean is, for lower end networks, who don't charge customers that much, they don't invest heavily in their support services [basically because they don't have as much money TO invest]. When something goes wrong, it might take them that little bit longer to fix it.

If you NEED to be up 99% of the time, then go with one of the big three; O2, Voda, MetEmob.

• Advertisement

RangeR wrote: »
    What I mean is, for lower end networks, who don't charge customers that much, they don't invest heavily in their support services [basically because they don't have as much money TO invest]. When something goes wrong, it might take them that little bit longer to fix it.

If you NEED to be up 99% of the time, then go with one of the big three; O2, Voda, MetEmob.

Yeah I was kinda hoping the switch would somehow go without a hitch and that I wouldn't need to seek customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Real network > Virtual Netowrk ktanxbai

Advertisement